NavyDEP

Go Back   NavyDEP > Ratings (Jobs) > Cryptologic/Intelligence (Spooks) > CTT = CRYPTOLOGIC TECHNICIAN TECHNICAL

Family Members join our new Facebook group sponsored by NavyDEP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rtcgreatlakes

Old 07-26-2012, 01:42 PM   #1
NMsmallfry

NMsmallfry is on a distinguished road
Default (CTT) or Crypto in general, OCS STA21

So I have about one years worth of college credits and I have been thinking about taking college courses (online or other) while enlisted, my question then is this: What are my chances of becoming an officer in the CT field, I have not been able to dig up any reliable information in my couple of hours of internet research, I also ask this question because I see that as far as 2012 goes the number of E4 promotion slots is very low, and if I can get a chance to go officer then that seems like a nice proposition.
NMsmallfry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 04:26 PM   #2
Cinders

Cinders is on a distinguished road

Are you 4 or 6 year CTT? With the college credit you have won't you be an E3 after BC. My son came out of BC an E2 and after his c school he is now E4, but he is 6 year CTT and is planning on working towards being an officer. Hope that helps.
Cinders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 11:40 PM   #3
kforbs126

kforbs126 is just really nicekforbs126 is just really nice

Just an FYI that the Navy has cut tuition assistance so you will have to pay for any classes over the cost of about 1 1/2 classes. I would suggest get as much college done before you come in because you won't have much time or resources when you are active.
kforbs126 is offline   Reply With Quote