NavyDEP

Go Back   NavyDEP > Ratings (Jobs) > Ratings (Jobs) ~ Seaman > Master-at-Arms B640

Family Members join our new Facebook group sponsored by NavyDEP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rtcgreatlakes

Old 04-08-2013, 06:17 PM   #1
chrisxxii

chrisxxii is on a distinguished road
Default Lackland...

Just Got to Lackland. What is there to do on liberty in phase I?
chrisxxii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 06:34 PM   #2
camfurr

camfurr is on a distinguished road

With phase 1 no card? Go to the BX, workout, run... That's the extent of fun on the base. There's a movie theatre and a bowling alley on base, but I haven't been to either of them. I graduate from here in 2 weeks
camfurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 06:47 PM   #3
geeMA

geeMA is on a distinguished road

riverwalk, seaworld, six flags
geeMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 06:58 PM   #4
cire

cire is on a distinguished road

go hang out with camfurr

Quote:
mack_it_nasty: my boyfriend wouldnt like that gee.
geeMA: the hell? you told me you were single. lol
mack_it_nasty: oh did i...
geeMA: i got trolled
cire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 07:29 PM   #5
drcsyntax

drcsyntax is on a distinguished road

I live in San Antonio; what are you limited to?

Palladium theater is the best quality theater to hit. Alamo Draft Houses have a no kids rule in their theaters.

Riverwalk is amusing if you've NEVER been there, only once, then never go again. If you're into culture, just walk around downtown. No GOOD arcades in this city if you're into gaming.

Our best mall.......I don't even know which one I would call the best, they all kinda suck IMO. NorthStar Mall is the pricey one, La Cantera shopping center is the snooty rich people shopping center.

If you've been to any other six flags in the country, our's will make you laugh or cry. Either way, you won't get very excited there. Sea World is half decent.

Avoid the Zoo at all costs, don't listen to what anyone says, never go there; you'll get depressed.
drcsyntax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 09:20 PM   #6
chrisxxii

Quote:
Originally Posted by camfurr View Post
With phase 1 no card? Go to the BX, workout, run... That's the extent of fun on the base. There's a movie theatre and a bowling alley on base, but I haven't been to either of them. I graduate from here in 2 weeks
Yep no card. So far been catching up on my lack of sleep from bootcamp.
Old 04-08-2013, 09:22 PM   #7
chrisxxii

Quote:
Originally Posted by drcsyntax View Post

Palladium theater is the best quality theater to hit. Alamo Draft Houses have a no kids rule in their theaters.

Riverwalk is amusing if you've NEVER been there, only once, then never go again. If you're into culture, just walk around downtown. No GOOD arcades in this city if you're into gaming.

Our best mall.......I don't even know which one I would call the best, they all kinda suck IMO. NorthStar Mall is the pricey one, La Cantera shopping center is the snooty rich people shopping center.

If you've been to any other six flags in the country, our's will make you laugh or cry. Either way, you won't get very excited there. Sea World is half decent.

Avoid the Zoo at all costs, don't listen to what anyone says, never go there; you'll get depressed.
I can't even leave the base yet. But I'll have to check out the river walk I've heard a lot of people talk about it. Thanks for the info
Old 04-08-2013, 10:57 PM   #8
Dcsaiz

Dcsaiz is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Hey your from San Antonio too? Nice have you gone through MEPS yet?
Dcsaiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 06:58 AM   #9
drcsyntax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcsaiz View Post
Hey your from San Antonio too? Nice have you gone through MEPS yet?
No, not yet. I'm going to see another recruiting station today, right after work. (My attempt to get the process started Saturday ended with failure to find a recruiter lol). Luckily there is one about a mile away from where I work.

Hoping today starts everything for me.

How about you? I heard our MEPs center over on Sam Houston isn't as bad as the horror stories you get from other places.
Old 04-09-2013, 03:32 PM   #10
Dcsaiz

Quote:
No, not yet. I'm going to see another recruiting station today, right after work. (My attempt to get the process started Saturday ended with failure to find a recruiter lol). Luckily there is one about a mile away from where I work.

Hoping today starts everything for me.

How about you? I heard our MEPs center over on Sam Houston isn't as bad as the horror stories you get from other places.
Oh ok nice which recruiting station you planning on going too? I'm out of Hollywood park its the one off of 281 you should pm me your number maybe I can get a refer you to my recruiter there pretty cool laid back as well and yea MEPS there is actually pretty laid back alot of waiting though but its all good
Old 04-10-2013, 07:25 AM   #11
drcsyntax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcsaiz View Post
Oh ok nice which recruiting station you planning on going too? I'm out of Hollywood park its the one off of 281 you should pm me your number maybe I can get a refer you to my recruiter there pretty cool laid back as well and yea MEPS there is actually pretty laid back alot of waiting though but its all good
And yesterday was a no-go either; gahhh I hate depending on undependables! (No car right now, so I was supposed to get a ride and my family suddenly pulled a "We're going out of town lol wait until tomorrow."

Rain or sleet or earthquake, I'm going today. If I have to crawl there.

Lol, it's the one on Dezavala right next to 10. (The HuHot off the highway?)

Until I get my car I'm stuck to places that are a stones throw away from my home.
Old 04-10-2013, 12:59 PM   #12
Dcsaiz

Quote:
And yesterday was a no-go either; gahhh I hate depending on undependables! (No car right now, so I was supposed to get a ride and my family suddenly pulled a "We're going out of town lol wait until tomorrow."

Rain or sleet or earthquake, I'm going today. If I have to crawl there.

Lol, it's the one on Dezavala right next to 10. (The HuHot off the highway?)

Until I get my car I'm stuck to places that are a stones throw away from my home.
That sucks lol oh ok yea I've been to that station I think it's even one of the main stations in SA