NavyDEP

Go Back   NavyDEP > Ratings (Jobs) > Cryptologic/Intelligence (Spooks) > CTN = CRYPTOLOGIC TECHNICIAN NETWORKS

Family Members join our new Facebook group sponsored by NavyDEP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rtcgreatlakes

Old 01-15-2013, 09:46 PM   #1
KreTo

KreTo is on a distinguished road
Default Marriage before Basic

Hello all!

I have a fairly easy question. I have a fiance (7 years strong... so its not a fly by night thing haha) and 5 months until I ship to Basic Training. Sooooo odds are that I will be getting married soon. I've talked to my recruiter and he said that it won't be an issue, so at least that is taken care of. Once Basic Training is complete and I start CTN "A"/"C" schooling will the Navy provide housing for us or will I have to remain in the barracks with my classmates? Also, will there be separation/BAQ pay if she is not allowed to join me?

Thanks for your time,
Future Sailor Kregel
KreTo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:24 PM   #2
LT Guppy

LT Guppy is a splendid one to beholdLT Guppy is a splendid one to beholdLT Guppy is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by KreTo View Post
Hello all!

I have a fairly easy question. I have a fiance (7 years strong... so its not a fly by night thing haha) and 5 months until I ship to Basic Training. Sooooo odds are that I will be getting married soon. I've talked to my recruiter and he said that it won't be an issue, so at least that is taken care of. Once Basic Training is complete and I start CTN "A"/"C" schooling will the Navy provide housing for us or will I have to remain in the barracks with my classmates? Also, will there be separation/BAQ pay if she is not allowed to join me?

Thanks for your time,
Future Sailor Kregel
If your school is longer than 6 months, they will pay for her to move. However, they may or may require you to live in the barracks, at least during the work week.

You will receive Family Sep and BAH while you're in bootcamp, and during A/C school, if she's not there.

ACTIVE DUTY SAILORS - Click here to have your account verified
LT Guppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:32 PM   #3
KreTo

KreTo is on a distinguished road

Thank you for the prompt response!
KreTo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:03 PM   #4
Logicalchaos02

Logicalchaos02 is on a distinguished road

I was married before RTC so all that extra pay was nice. My A school was only 9 weeks so my wife had to stay home. What you have to check before she moves in with you is, is the Navy going to pay for the move. I know the Navy will only pay for so many moves with in a certain period. Just something to check into.

Live free or die hard.
Logicalchaos02 is offline   Reply With Quote