NavyDEP

Go Back   NavyDEP > Ratings (Jobs) > Cryptologic/Intelligence (Spooks) > IT = INFORMATION SYSTEMS TECHNICIAN (IT, ITS)

Family Members join our new Facebook group sponsored by NavyDEP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rtcgreatlakes

Old 04-11-2014, 09:27 AM   #1
merpmerp

merpmerp is on a distinguished road
Default IT C School?

Hi guys, I know there's an earlier thread talking about the pros/cons of a 4 year vs 6 year contract and getting a c school, but it's from 2013, so I didn't want to bump up an old thread...

I signed an IT contract for 4 years, so does that mean I won't go to a c school ever? Is that bad or good? It seems like it would be beneficial to get more schooling, but I wasn't offered the option of signing for 6 years. I'm going in as an E3 anyway, so hopefully it won't take a really long time to make E4. Thanks for any help!
merpmerp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 11:51 AM   #2
Kmf9182

Kmf9182 is on a distinguished road

From what I have read up on you are not guaranteed to go to C school with the 4 year contract. Those with the 6 year automatically go to C school after A school. This doesn't mean you will never have the chance to. I believe that once you get to your first command it is possible to be chosen to participate in C school.

I'm a 6 year IT
Kmf9182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 09:07 PM   #3
merpmerp

merpmerp is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmf9182 View Post
From what I have read up on you are not guaranteed to go to C school with the 4 year contract. Those with the 6 year automatically go to C school after A school. This doesn't mean you will never have the chance to. I believe that once you get to your first command it is possible to be chosen to participate in C school.

I'm a 6 year IT
Thanks for the response! That kinda makes me feel better; I just need to make sure I do well!
merpmerp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 09:00 PM   #4
saltysailor

saltysailor is on a distinguished road

If you are a 4y, the chances of you going to a C school are still good. You will go straight to the fleet after A school and don’t count on picking orders. Most IT’s I meet have been to at least one or two C schools, often more. I think the advancement to E4 was 100% last time around, so you pretty much just have to put your name on the test.
saltysailor is offline   Reply With Quote