NavyDEP

Go Back   NavyDEP > DEP & Bootcamp > Bootcamp

Family Members join our new Facebook group sponsored by NavyDEP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rtcgreatlakes

Old 10-12-2014, 08:13 PM   #1
Toxickiba

Toxickiba is on a distinguished road
Default Bootcamp for Christmas

So I was just wondering what kind of advice you can give a girl who ships out December!
Everything Im reading is great generic bootcamp info but none of it really touches on how weather/holidays will affect training. Im shipping from Louisiana but grew up in Michigan so readjusting to the snow shouldnt be too hard. Still kinda worried :/
Toxickiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 08:44 PM   #2
gameingkine
**Active Duty**

gameingkine is on a distinguished road

i went 04DEC2013 so i missed xmas and new years.
they are non training days so you wont go outside unless its medical or dental.
there will be a ungodly amount of snow and it may fall under a black flag -40 degree day like we had.
Honestly, since its a non training day you will probably run bunk and locker drills or some kind of drill for most of the day. the meals are alot better and the workers there try and make it more of a happier place in the galley. You will probably get early taps and the RDC's may share a sea story or 2.
Out of the 2 months i was there it didnt snow for the first 2 days and the rest of the time it was a snow hell. I use to like the snow.
gameingkine is offline   Reply With Quote