NavyDEP

Go Back   NavyDEP > DEP & Bootcamp > Bootcamp

Family Members join our new Facebook group sponsored by NavyDEP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rtcgreatlakes

Old 07-05-2013, 08:36 PM   #1
Zachml7

Zachml7 is on a distinguished road
Default What you'll hate in bootcamp

Not going to waste time with the really obvious ones that you already know, I'll skip to less obvious things.

P-Days- I have to mention this just because I particularly hated it since I spent 2 weeks in p days. You don't know anything that's going on, you're trying to adjust to a million new things, you don't PT at all, and you're at the bottom of the bottom of the food chain.
Folding- just because of how meticulous you have to be to make sure you meet every checkpoint(ie waistband touching, folded to the center,etc) which they will actually check for and give you hits for if you don't meet them.
LLD/SIQ light limited duty/sick in quarters- at first it would seem good because it gives you a break, but then you realize how much you're missing whether its PT or classes or mandatory events. Especially if you're SIQ because it means you don't leave your rack except for chow and to use the head/shower.
Toilet paper- all the paper at RTC is single ply and for some reason seems to suck even more than normal single ply. It seems like it takes half a roll to effectively wipe. And the fact that you rarely have that much time to wipe contributes to next problem.
Skivvies- underwear. You are issued tighty whities and that is all you will wear while at RTC. The TP situation means that a lot of white skivvies turn into brown skivvies by the end of bootcamp. And that's beside the point that they just aren't comfortable in the first place. The first thing most graduates but at A school is real underwear for good reason.
FQA- also known as badges or briefcases, these are the inspectors who can randomly walk into your compartment or stop you on the street and scour you for reasons to give you a compartment hit or demerit chit, which lowers your division score and gives your RDCs a really good reason to work you out extra.
Old 07-05-2013, 11:39 PM   #2
Mikeym718

Mikeym718 is on a distinguished road

Skivvies? I wore them for 3 weeks before I said screw it and stopped wearing them like 90% of my division did. The shorts you're wearing under your NWU's are practically a form of underwear to begin with. I felt so relieved after I made that decision. It felt so liberating!
Mikeym718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 10:12 AM   #3
Soon to be ABE

Soon to be ABE is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeym718 View Post
Skivvies? I wore them for 3 weeks before I said screw it and stopped wearing them like 90% of my division did. The shorts you're wearing under your NWU's are practically a form of underwear to begin with. I felt so relieved after I made that decision. It felt so liberating!
Thats exactly what we did also but for everyone who is still awaiting to go to RTC just a piece of advice if you decide to not wear the skivvies DO NOT GET CAUGHT DOING SO and don't tell anyone else your doing it bc you can get in trouble for that and just a precaution your better off wearing them when you do PT sessions
Soon to be ABE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 04:22 PM   #4
warehimer33

warehimer33 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soon to be ABE View Post
Thats exactly what we did also but for everyone who is still awaiting to go to RTC just a piece of advice if you decide to not wear the skivvies DO NOT GET CAUGHT DOING SO and don't tell anyone else your doing it bc you can get in trouble for that and just a precaution your better off wearing them when you do PT sessions
Do they do skivvy checks or something?

"All the waste in a year from a nuclear power plant can be stored under a desk." --Ronald Reagan
warehimer33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 10:27 AM   #5
Soon to be ABE

Soon to be ABE is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by warehimer33 View Post
Do they do skivvy checks or something?
Yes during uniform inspections what they have you do is start off in your PT shorts and blue shirt with white socks and sneakers and then another RDC comes in and tells you to put on whatever uniform he wants and he walks around and if he sees you change and no skivvies on it could be bad lol
Soon to be ABE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 10:31 AM   #6
warehimer33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soon to be ABE View Post
Yes during uniform inspections what they have you do is start off in your PT shorts and blue shirt with white socks and sneakers and then another RDC comes in and tells you to put on whatever uniform he wants and he walks around and if he sees you change and no skivvies on it could be bad lol
Ohhh okay.

"All the waste in a year from a nuclear power plant can be stored under a desk." --Ronald Reagan
Old 07-08-2013, 10:28 PM   #7
NavyPrincess

NavyPrincess is on a distinguished road

I hated the female heads and how disgusting some females could be. We had one female in RCU who pooped on the deck and smeared it on the bulkhead. Needless to say, we all spent the next day for 5 hours (100 females) cleaning that head.
NavyPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 07:01 AM   #8
FutureSailor24

FutureSailor24 is on a distinguished road

why the hell did she do that?
FutureSailor24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 05:52 PM   #9
John213AV

John213AV is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureSailor24 View Post
why the hell did she do that?
Pretty crappy if you ask me.

GET IT?

John213AV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 08:07 PM   #10
FutureSailor24

FutureSailor24 is on a distinguished road

i get it. good one.
FutureSailor24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 09:20 PM   #11
johnplisac32
**Active Duty**

johnplisac32 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyPrincess View Post
I hated the female heads and how disgusting some females could be. We had one female in RCU who pooped on the deck and smeared it on the bulkhead. Needless to say, we all spent the next day for 5 hours (100 females) cleaning that head.
That's just nasty !
Old 07-09-2013, 09:31 PM   #12
warehimer33

It was NavyPrincess...