NavyDEP

Go Back   NavyDEP > DEP & Bootcamp > Bootcamp

Family Members join our new Facebook group sponsored by NavyDEP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rtcgreatlakes

Old 08-29-2013, 11:46 AM   #1
sunshine7890

sunshine7890 is on a distinguished road
Default Studying for Knowledge Portion

Anyone really going above and beyond by studying all the Ships and Aircrafts everything else that's in Start Guide? To try and get ahead of the game and do great on the knowledge portion.

Besides the Sailor's Creed, 11 General Orders, Military time and alphabet, and Chain of Command....
sunshine7890 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 01:37 PM   #2
tiffanynacole

tiffanynacole is on a distinguished road

I am not stressing those much but I do plan on at least being familiar with them so save me some stress
Old 09-02-2013, 07:48 PM   #3
Laworlo

Laworlo is on a distinguished road

Don't worry as much about your Chain of Command. The only things you can memorize are from POTUS to Secretary of the Navy I believe. The rest of them either might change (what happened to me while in Boot Camp) or you will learn them the first day you arrive..IE RDC's, Ship's Officer, CO, etc.

Do try and learn the Ships and aircraft as much as possible...real important is it be able to look at a ship and say what it is. Sailors Creed and General Orders and Rank/Recognition are the biggest things...and the RTC Maxim
Laworlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 06:33 AM   #4
sunshine7890

sunshine7890 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laworlo View Post
Don't worry as much about your Chain of Command. The only things you can memorize are from POTUS to Secretary of the Navy I believe. The rest of them either might change (what happened to me while in Boot Camp) or you will learn them the first day you arrive..IE RDC's, Ship's Officer, CO, etc.

Do try and learn the Ships and aircraft as much as possible...real important is it be able to look at a ship and say what it is. Sailors Creed and General Orders and Rank/Recognition are the biggest things...and the RTC Maxim

How will we be tested on for the Ships and Aircrafts? Do you know if it will be on the first PRT or something that we will be tested on later on and just good to get a head start?
sunshine7890 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 11:32 AM   #5
bronxCTM

bronxCTM is on a distinguished road

I have a question about the ships myself...the START guide doesn't mention hull classifications...do we need to know them anyways? Like CVN, SSBN...SSGN...DD, DDG... etc?
bronxCTM is offline   Reply With Quote