NavyDEP

Go Back   NavyDEP > DEP & Bootcamp > Bootcamp

Family Members join our new Facebook group sponsored by NavyDEP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rtcgreatlakes

Old 09-01-2014, 06:45 PM   #1
Jyoungs42433

Jyoungs42433 will become famous soon enough
Default P-Days and Medical

Well I leave in 1 week and going through a bunch of post and talking o others and had some questions. My main fear as i have made knoown is Dental but nothing can be dome about tat now so we shall see. My main question is what are they testing for at RTC? and what things send you home? Like what if you test positive for and STD? do they check things like prostate stuff again? or is it more of just Drugs and things of that nature. My main fear is something going bad and getting sent home for something stupid so I want to know how severe it has to be before they send you home?
Jyoungs42433 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 06:56 PM   #2
LT Guppy

LT Guppy is a splendid one to beholdLT Guppy is a splendid one to beholdLT Guppy is a splendid one to behold

It's mostly drugs (or pregnancy for the females).

ACTIVE DUTY SAILORS - Click here to have your account verified
LT Guppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 07:39 PM   #3
CTR3(IW/SG) Freddie
**Active Duty**

CTR3(IW/SG) Freddie is a splendid one to beholdCTR3(IW/SG) Freddie is a splendid one to beholdCTR3(IW/SG) Freddie is a splendid one to behold

don't they do xrays and stuff to? I heard they do that during the first day. I guess to see if someone lied about broken bones or something like that.
Old 09-01-2014, 08:12 PM   #4
MickeyMcD

MickeyMcD is a splendid one to beholdMickeyMcD is a splendid one to beholdMickeyMcD is a splendid one to behold

X-rays are only done during special physicals for specific ratings, I believe.
Graduated RTC: 20150529 194/13
MickeyMcD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 09:06 PM   #5
CTR3(IW/SG) Freddie
**Active Duty**

CTR3(IW/SG) Freddie is a splendid one to beholdCTR3(IW/SG) Freddie is a splendid one to beholdCTR3(IW/SG) Freddie is a splendid one to behold

I had seen the xray thing on this post. Thats why I thought about it.

http://www.navydep.com/forums/showthread.php?t=433
Old 09-01-2014, 09:41 PM   #6
Auridan
**Active Duty**

Auridan has a reputation beyond reputeAuridan has a reputation beyond reputeAuridan has a reputation beyond reputeAuridan has a reputation beyond reputeAuridan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSSparks View Post
don't they do xrays and stuff to? I heard they do that during the first day. I guess to see if someone lied about broken bones or something like that.
If you lied about a broken bone, either you're going to grit your teeth and live with it forever, or one day you'll go to medical, they'll see how old it is, and then you'll suffer the consequences.

We didn't get x-rays. They aren't going to spend money on that unless they have a good reason to.

If you're not happy with it, fix it, because ain't nobody gonna fix it for you.
Auridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 09:44 PM   #7
LT Guppy

LT Guppy is a splendid one to beholdLT Guppy is a splendid one to beholdLT Guppy is a splendid one to behold

Looks like that post was referring to dental x-rays.
They don't do full body x-rays of the thousand or so recruits coming in each week. For some jobs, they will do chest x-rays, but that's about the extent of it.

ACTIVE DUTY SAILORS - Click here to have your account verified
LT Guppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 06:20 AM   #8
Jyoungs42433

Jyoungs42433 will become famous soon enough

Ok thanks guys, guess getting close to the date is making my head and mind run wild. so I figured id see what they all were testing for, and what of hose things is severe enough to get sent home
Jyoungs42433 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 09:42 AM   #9
ronec

ronec is on a distinguished road

I went to MEPS on Monday and like everyone else had my blood drawn. I am a bit of a sissy when it comes to having blood drawn but the lady that was taking my blood was very understanding and when I went pale she actually made me sit in the chair for like 10 minutes so I wouln't pass out when I stood up. I told her I felt ok but she said I was still pale and made me sit. So, will the people drawing blood during P-days have this same level of understanding or is it an assembly line type of system? I don't know that I will have a bad reaction to the draw there but asking just in case.
ronec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 11:19 AM   #10
navycatmc

navycatmc will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyoungs42433 View Post
Ok thanks guys, guess getting close to the date is making my head and mind run wild. so I figured id see what they all were testing for, and what of hose things is severe enough to get sent home
You'll be fine!

"To live will be an awfully big adventure." -Peter Pan
navycatmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 11:20 AM   #11
jzhaun
**Active Duty**

jzhaun has much to be proud ofjzhaun has much to be proud ofjzhaun has much to be proud ofjzhaun has much to be proud of

It IS an assembly line, but they will check that you're not going to faint on them. I don't remember being given a chair, but they noticed when I felt a bit woozy and let me rest (6 vials of blood + no breakfast will do that to you).
jzhaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 09:51 PM   #12
Devereux
**Active Duty**

Devereux will become famous soon enough

yeah, you're going to get a dental xray in p-days. you bite down and they will get an x-ray of your jaw/teeth that will follow you to a-school.

besides that...no. you'll give blood samples, urinalysis, get shots, and get as much dental work you need in boot camp and in a-school if needed. I had alot of dental work done myself, and they're decently friendly down there and it's nice to get away from your RDC's for a bit.

no need to worry. good luck.
Devereux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 05:53 AM   #13
Nietoj92

Nietoj92 is on a distinguished road

Oh yeah the dental xray was fun. I was in the same boat of dizzy and lack of food until they gave us our lunch meal to eat within a few minutes. Went to xray tech, placed the bite down things in my mouth and puked blue gatorade in the trash can next to me. XD I was first in line too. Still finished the xray though... Oops.
Nietoj92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 08:59 AM   #14
Auridan
**Active Duty**

Auridan has a reputation beyond reputeAuridan has a reputation beyond reputeAuridan has a reputation beyond reputeAuridan has a reputation beyond reputeAuridan has a reputation beyond repute

The OP should be about to graduate by now. Stale thread.

If you're not happy with it, fix it, because ain't nobody gonna fix it for you.
Auridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 12:58 PM   #15
deejaynvy

deejaynvy is on a distinguished road
Default Not really

I ship out 20150218 and I found this thread pretty helpful
deejaynvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 06:09 PM   #16
ProjectZERO

ProjectZERO is on a distinguished road

For the record, my twin brother just sent me a slew of letters from RTC. He says the only thing bad about P-Days is the fact you stay up 48 hours. The shots are quick and painless for the most part. If you relax, the peanut butter won't hurt as much!

ProjectZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 03:18 AM   #17
PropertyofBuMed
**Active Duty**

PropertyofBuMed has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronec View Post
I went to MEPS on Monday and like everyone else had my blood drawn. I am a bit of a sissy when it comes to having blood drawn but the lady that was taking my blood was very understanding and when I went pale she actually made me sit in the chair for like 10 minutes so I wouln't pass out when I stood up. I told her I felt ok but she said I was still pale and made me sit. So, will the people drawing blood during P-days have this same level of understanding or is it an assembly line type of system? I don't know that I will have a bad reaction to the draw there but asking just in case.
It's assembly line, but you still get to sit down if you feel faint. Once you are turned over to medical for any reason, you belong to medical, and what the corpsman/ nurse says is final verdict. Your RDC's will wait outside, so if you feel ill for any reason, say so, and you will be treated accordingly.
PropertyofBuMed is offline   Reply With Quote