NavyDEP

Go Back   NavyDEP > DEP & Bootcamp > Bootcamp

Family Members join our new Facebook group sponsored by NavyDEP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rtcgreatlakes

Old 06-05-2014, 05:14 PM   #1
Dazel

Dazel is on a distinguished road
Default PT test at basic

I was at a dep meeting this week and a lot of people didn't know the minimum to pass the PT test before battle stations... "Males will be expected to run 1.5 miles in under 12:15 perform 54 curl-ups and 46 push-ups in 2 minutes. Females will be expected to run 1.5 miles in under 14:45 perform 54 curl-ups and 20 push-ups in 2 minutes. You also must be within approved body composition measurements for your height and weight." Source: http://www.bootcamp.navy.mil/pt.asp
Dazel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 05:57 PM   #2
13Point1Heiress

13Point1Heiress is on a distinguished road

You forgot age, those numbers change depending on your age range

DEP: 04OCT13
SHIP: 29JUL14
13Point1Heiress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 07:07 PM   #3
Dazel

From my understanding age is considered after basic..
Old 06-05-2014, 07:23 PM   #4
Haasino
**Active Duty**

Haasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazel View Post
From my understanding age is considered after basic..
Age is considered at RTC as well... it's a standard Navy PRT and will be scored based on your age group.

"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room!"
Haasino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 05:20 PM   #5
Dazel

Okay thanks I'll have to Google it then cause they don't say anything about that on the website.
Old 06-06-2014, 05:45 PM   #6
Auridan
**Active Duty**

Auridan has a reputation beyond reputeAuridan has a reputation beyond reputeAuridan has a reputation beyond reputeAuridan has a reputation beyond reputeAuridan has a reputation beyond repute

That site's information may be technically correct but it's obviously incomplete, and it's even more obviously propaganda aimed at fresh, gullible high schoolers. They can crow all they want about how the "demanding exercise program will continue rain or shine, in extreme heat or bone-chilling cold", but it's immaterial because your PT will all be done indoors where it doesn't matter (except the 3-mile Pride Run, which absolutely will be cancelled for extreme weather). And it's hardly demanding.

http://www.navy-prt.com, while not an officially endorsed Navy page, has everything you need and more about PT scores.

EDIT: This is the link I meant to post. I was very confused when people were talking about the one above not including the 18-20 age group.
https://www.navycs.com/navy-fitness-assessment.html

If you're not happy with it, fix it, because ain't nobody gonna fix it for you.

Last edited by Auridan; 08-26-2014 at 04:20 PM.
Auridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 08:50 PM   #7
Dac101

Dac101 is on a distinguished road

Yes age is considered at RTC also. I ran a 12:25 mile and a half when I was there 3 months ago you have a set limit on sit-up, push-ups and run time depending on your age group
Dac101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 04:14 PM   #8
Agrias
**Active Duty**

Agrias is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auridan View Post
That site's information may be technically correct but it's obviously incomplete, and it's even more obviously propaganda aimed at fresh, gullible high schoolers. They can crow all they want about how the "demanding exercise program will continue rain or shine, in extreme heat or bone-chilling cold", but it's immaterial because your PT will all be done indoors where it doesn't matter (except the 3-mile Pride Run, which absolutely will be cancelled for extreme weather). And it's hardly demanding.

http://www.navy-prt.com, while not an officially endorsed Navy page, has everything you need and more about PT scores.
lol 3 mile pride run. Pretty sure that is cancelled forever indefinitely because some guy fainted while doing it.
Agrias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 04:37 PM   #9
Auridan
**Active Duty**

Auridan has a reputation beyond reputeAuridan has a reputation beyond reputeAuridan has a reputation beyond reputeAuridan has a reputation beyond reputeAuridan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agrias View Post
lol 3 mile pride run. Pretty sure that is cancelled forever indefinitely because some guy fainted while doing it.
I was so looking forward to it, too. >_<

Old 06-11-2014, 07:58 PM   #10
Lionheart

Lionheart will become famous soon enough

Lots of good information here: http://www.navy-prt.com

Male standards by age: http://www.navy-prt.com/malestandard/malestandard.html
Female standards by age: http://www.navy-prt.com/femalestanda...estandard.html
Lionheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 08:07 PM   #11
notjustaUSNwife

notjustaUSNwife is on a distinguished road

Someone in our division would have TTO'd just hearing the words 3 mile pride run.
notjustaUSNwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 11:18 AM   #12
ronec

ronec is on a distinguished road

Do you have to score "good" on all three areas of the PFA or can you score "satisfactory" on one area and higher on others for an average of good? I am not yet good at pushups but great at curl ups, so I am wondering if you just have to have an average score of 60 or have to have a minimum of 60 on all three parts? This is for RTC that I am asking as that requires the good while other tests after RTC only require satisfactory.
ronec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 11:31 AM   #13
Jyoungs42433

Jyoungs42433 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronec View Post
Do you have to score "good" on all three areas of the PFA or can you score "satisfactory" on one area and higher on others for an average of good? I am not yet good at pushups but great at curl ups, so I am wondering if you just have to have an average score of 60 or have to have a minimum of 60 on all three parts? This is for RTC that I am asking as that requires the good while other tests after RTC only require satisfactory.
Had a guy just get back only get the min. score on all 3 and was good, You wont get honor grad or anything but you will pass with the minimum. Satisfactory is there for a reason I guess, still passing
Jyoungs42433 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 03:24 PM   #14
Auridan
**Active Duty**

satisfactory (adjective)
1. giving or affording satisfaction; fulfilling all demands or requirements.

By definition, the "satisfactory" score is passing. (Obviously you WANT to do better, but you do not technically HAVE to.)

If you fail any section of the PFA, you fail the whole thing. You could max out push-ups and curl-ups, but be one second behind "sat" on your run, and you would fail even though your average score would be (I think) in the "Excellent" field.

Old 08-26-2014, 03:54 PM   #15
CTR3(IW/SG) Freddie
**Active Duty**

CTR3(IW/SG) Freddie is a splendid one to beholdCTR3(IW/SG) Freddie is a splendid one to beholdCTR3(IW/SG) Freddie is a splendid one to behold

I basically had the same question also. If i did 'outstanding' in two parts, but only did 'good' in the third part, what category would i fall under?

And I'm 18, that website only goes down to 20. Where could I find the score for me?
Old 08-26-2014, 04:17 PM   #16
Auridan
**Active Duty**

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSSparks View Post
I basically had the same question also. If i did 'outstanding' in two parts, but only did 'good' in the third part, what category would i fall under?

And I'm 18, that website only goes down to 20. Where could I find the score for me?
Depends on where within the field you fall. As this chart shows,

https://www.navycs.com/navy-fitness-assessment.html (I only just realized it, but this is the link I meant to put in my first post! Fixing that now)

the minimum for each category is shown next to its point value. So if you did 102 curl-ups and 86 push-ups, but barely made 11:00 on your run, your point average would be (90+90+60)/3 = 80, which is a low Excellent. If you got 108/91/9:46, which are the top ends of the same categories, you'd probably scrape Outstanding overall.

Regardless, let me repeat that your average doesn't mean ANYTHING if one of the three is a fail. You will fail overall in that case, every time.

Old 08-26-2014, 04:32 PM   #17
CTR3(IW/SG) Freddie
**Active Duty**

CTR3(IW/SG) Freddie is a splendid one to beholdCTR3(IW/SG) Freddie is a splendid one to beholdCTR3(IW/SG) Freddie is a splendid one to behold

Yea I figured if you failed a specific part, you were done for. Just didn't know if they averaged it all out or gave you the lowest score you earned from one of the three categories if you hadn't failed.
Old 08-26-2014, 05:23 PM   #18
ronec

ronec is on a distinguished road

Is it right that you have to score "good" in recruit training to pass but after that you can score "satisfactory" and pass?

According to this sight that is the case...
http://www.military.com/military-fit...c-training-pft
ronec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 06:08 PM   #19
Auridan
**Active Duty**

If it is true, I'm a little annoyed by the Navy's grasp of the English language. But if you can pass with a "Good" in boot camp, there's no reason why you should ever slip below that in the fleet.