NavyDEP

Go Back   NavyDEP > Ratings (Jobs) > Cryptologic/Intelligence (Spooks)

Family Members join our new Facebook group sponsored by NavyDEP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rtcgreatlakes

Old 08-17-2015, 04:03 AM   #1
rjk707

rjk707 is on a distinguished road
Default Active duty to reservist CT?

I'm in Corry now but haven't started my A school do you think it would be poasible to switch my 4y active dury contract to a reservist contract? Would like to go back to school and i guess if i could avoid the 4 years away while still serving I'd love to.
rjk707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 06:24 AM   #2
JayMaple

JayMaple is on a distinguished road

O.o
good luck? i do not know if u can.
JayMaple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 08:14 AM   #3
FlyNavy
**Active Duty**

FlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond repute

To my knowledge there is no program to release you from your AD contract for a SELRES position. You'll most likely need to fulfill the contract you agreed to and can move to the SELRES once you're finished and in your C-WAY/PTS window.

You haven't even gotten to the "real" Navy yet; get through the BS of training commands and get to the fleet before you start thinking about getting out. You haven't even started to get to the good stuff yet that the Navy has to offer. Travel, experience, camaraderie, etc. Even if you do go back to school, you'll go back LIGHT YEARS ahead of your peers, have a stronger world outlook, and be grossly more well-rounded than those that didn't serve. The difference between a veteran and a regular joe in college can be staggering.

/r
CTT1

**Also, don't be that person who injures themselves intentionally or fakes an aliment just to break their service. You can get slapped with an Article 115, Dishonorable discharge, or in some cases imprisonment. Not that I at all get the impression you would do that; I've just seen people do some dumb shit before.
FlyNavy is offline   Reply With Quote