NavyDEP

Go Back   NavyDEP > DEP & Bootcamp > Bootcamp

Family Members join our new Facebook group sponsored by NavyDEP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rtcgreatlakes

Old 11-16-2014, 10:40 AM   #1
yogi berra

yogi berra is on a distinguished road
Default why do people get sent home from boot camp?

A lot of people that i talked to that shipped in November are being sent home. They didnt tell me why so how can i avoid this??
Old 11-16-2014, 11:55 AM   #2
NavyPanther

NavyPanther has a spectacular aura about

How many is a lot? Maybe they lied about something?

ET3 Pizarro

DEP: 20150127 AECF
Ship: 20150304
Boot camp Graduation: 01MAY2015
ET A School Graduation: 17DEC2015 Distinguished Military Graduate
NavyPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 12:50 PM   #3
jzhaun
**Active Duty**

jzhaun has much to be proud ofjzhaun has much to be proud ofjzhaun has much to be proud ofjzhaun has much to be proud of

Most seps either lied about something in their paperwork and got caught, adjusted badly the first week and asked to go home, had a pre-existing medical issue they didn't know about, got hurt in bootcamp, or couldn't pass their pfa.

It's surprising to me that you would be hearing from them already if they just left though. Have they actually come home? Do they have a date? Or are they just on social media occasionally?
jzhaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 01:31 PM   #4
yogi berra

They didnt say why but the put on facebook that they are being separated but havnt said anything else but it seems like almost half are going home. If i cant pass the initial physical test will they send me home or how does that work?
Old 11-16-2014, 01:44 PM   #5
Auridan
**Active Duty**

Auridan has a reputation beyond reputeAuridan has a reputation beyond reputeAuridan has a reputation beyond reputeAuridan has a reputation beyond reputeAuridan has a reputation beyond repute

It sounds like you're letting paranoia get the better of you. The fate of these people has no effect on your own. If you're keeping a secret, or you really think you won't be able to pass the PFA, that's something you just have to solve yourself: Fix it and go, or save everyone the time and trouble and drop your contract.

If you fail the third and final PFA, you will be ASMO'd until you can pass. I have heard a rumor (I repeat, RUMOR) that they start processing you for separation at that point, but if you pass quickly enough, I'm sure they'll let you continue. You may even graduate on time if you're lucky.

If you're not happy with it, fix it, because ain't nobody gonna fix it for you.
Auridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 02:12 PM   #6
jzhaun
**Active Duty**

jzhaun has much to be proud ofjzhaun has much to be proud ofjzhaun has much to be proud ofjzhaun has much to be proud of

They will not sep you for failing your first pfa. It's pretty common.

If someone gets sepped for failing pfas, it happens like this.
Fail 1st PFA - no problem, it doesn't count
Fail 2nd PFA - no problem, it doesn't count
Fail 3rd/Final PFA - division sends you back to try again as many times as they can squeeze in. If you don't pass by the day of battlestations, you're sent to FIT.
In FIT: You have 10 more chances to pass. You run the PFA 3 times a week unless you get sick or your time's really bad (in which case they'll do specialized exercises to build you up physically for a couple weeks before you try again).

Getting separated for failing your PFA takes at 3 or 4 months, all told.

If your buddies are getting separated already and they only shipped out this month, this is mostly likely a case of standing up at the moment of truth with something big or asking to go home. My division lost a good 10~15 people in Pdays because they gave up and asked to go home. What they didn't realize is that the fastest way out of bootcamp is to graduate. If you're in seps, sure, you're eventually going home, but it takes a lot more time and paperwork to leave that way . . .
jzhaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 09:55 PM   #7
Jyoungs42433

Jyoungs42433 will become famous soon enough

Yes Don't let paranoia kick in. The only reason I have seen someone get Sepd for is the Moment of truth. Every other time it was b.c they wanted to get sepd. You literally have to TRY and get Sepd once your there. We had someone sneak in cups trays bread peanut butter etc, get caught, then get caught the next day sleeping on watch, then couldn't even do the PRT. still didn't get sent home. Just relax RTC is a joke
Jyoungs42433 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 09:55 AM   #8
yogi berra

Sounds like they're just a bunch of kids that didn't really want to be in the Navy. I'm thinking I'll be able to pass the first pfa but I just wanted to know what happened if I did fail. Thnks for the info!
Old 11-17-2014, 11:33 AM   #9
NavyPanther

NavyPanther has a spectacular aura about

Do your best and you will be fine

ET3 Pizarro

DEP: 20150127 AECF
Ship: 20150304
Boot camp Graduation: 01MAY2015
ET A School Graduation: 17DEC2015 Distinguished Military Graduate
NavyPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 05:31 PM   #10
Atom_breaker

Atom_breaker will become famous soon enough

Alot of the seps are medical sep's and people that gave up on the run/ swim and couldn't muster up what it takes to pass. I was in these divisions so I saw plenty of it.

Hyman G. Rickover

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts."

Winston Churchill
Atom_breaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 03:39 PM   #11
Devereux
**Active Duty**

Devereux will become famous soon enough

If you can run your PFA time, swim, and manage not to get under your RDC's skin- boot camp will be so easy.
Devereux is offline   Reply With Quote