NavyDEP

Go Back   NavyDEP > Ratings (Jobs) > Ratings (Jobs) ~ Seaman > Hospital Corpsmen G000, L500

Family Members join our new Facebook group sponsored by NavyDEP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rtcgreatlakes

Old 12-26-2014, 12:13 PM   #1
Raca1234
**Active Duty**

Raca1234 is on a distinguished road
Smile CREO list for HM NEC's?

Does anyone know about the advancement for different NEC's as an HM? I've been told how important it is for advancing in my career, and I have a couple NEC's in mind that I want to look into. As always, thanks for all the information!
Raca1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 10:39 PM   #2
BloodyPheonix

BloodyPheonix has a reputation beyond reputeBloodyPheonix has a reputation beyond reputeBloodyPheonix has a reputation beyond reputeBloodyPheonix has a reputation beyond reputeBloodyPheonix has a reputation beyond reputeBloodyPheonix has a reputation beyond reputeBloodyPheonix has a reputation beyond reputeBloodyPheonix has a reputation beyond repute

I'd suggest the BUPERS HM page, but that always seems super buggy so I'm at a loss.
BloodyPheonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 01:03 PM   #3
jzhaun
**Active Duty**

jzhaun has much to be proud ofjzhaun has much to be proud ofjzhaun has much to be proud ofjzhaun has much to be proud of

While there are some rates that do (CTI, for instance, is separated by language group), HM doesn't promote based on NECs. Having x NEC may give you opportunities that help with advancement, but there's no separate quota for advancement and you'll still be competing with all the other HMs when you test.
jzhaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 07:00 PM   #4
Raca1234
**Active Duty**

Raca1234 is on a distinguished road

Oh alright. Thank you for the information! My recruiter told me HM's were advanced based off of your NEC... so I guess that was the first lie I've recognized...
Raca1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 08:12 PM   #5
kforbs126

kforbs126 is just really nicekforbs126 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raca1234 View Post
Oh alright. Thank you for the information! My recruiter told me HM's were advanced based off of your NEC... so I guess that was the first lie I've recognized...
That is because in reality the Navy does promote by NECs but they'll never let you know what or how. Your recruiter isn't lying there really isn't a way to tell what NEC will advance quicker. Though you can look at bonuses and assume any rate and NEC will advance because they are short in that area.
kforbs126 is offline   Reply With Quote