NavyDEP

Go Back   NavyDEP > DEP & Bootcamp > Bootcamp > Back From Bootcamp

Family Members join our new Facebook group sponsored by NavyDEP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rtcgreatlakes

Old 07-25-2017, 05:47 PM   #1
rmorales14

rmorales14 is on a distinguished road
Default For the females out there...

Out of all things that I could be concerned with, I am concerned the most currently about my period.

The day after I am supposed to ship out, I am supposed to get my period. At this time, I will more and likely be in p-days. How does this work? Will they have a stock of supplies in the bathroom? Can I bring my own/will they let me use them?
rmorales14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 05:55 PM   #2
Barbazu

Barbazu is on a distinguished road

If I remember correctly you'll be issued a supply. After a week or two you'll be able to go to the NEX and buy the brand/style you prefer. I don't think they let you bring your own.

EDIT: I'm a guy btw and I could be wrong. But that's what I remember happening.
Barbazu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 11:52 PM   #3
Crash282

Crash282 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmorales14 View Post
Out of all things that I could be concerned with, I am concerned the most currently about my period.

The day after I am supposed to ship out, I am supposed to get my period. At this time, I will more and likely be in p-days. How does this work? Will they have a stock of supplies in the bathroom? Can I bring my own/will they let me use them?
In the start guide it says to bring a small one week supply of your feminine products (in case you do start in p-says)
Crash282 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 05:42 PM   #4
jzhaun
**Active Duty**

jzhaun has much to be proud ofjzhaun has much to be proud ofjzhaun has much to be proud ofjzhaun has much to be proud of

Yeah, bring what you need, they'll let you keep it.

Basically everyone will buy menstrual products to contribute to the joint stock kept in the head whenever you go to the nex, but you don't go right away, so up til then you're either relying on what you brought or asking around.

I recall several people who had to bum off anyone who had extra tampons/pads for the first week because they hadn't thought to bring any.
jzhaun is offline   Reply With Quote