NavyDEP

Go Back   NavyDEP > Ratings (Jobs) > Cryptologic/Intelligence (Spooks) > CTR = CRYPTOLOGIC TECHNICIAN COLLECTION

Family Members join our new Facebook group sponsored by NavyDEP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rtcgreatlakes

Old 06-27-2013, 12:35 AM   #1
gheinisch

gheinisch is on a distinguished road
Default Strange phone call

Hello Everyone,
I'm new here. My son just reported to Great Lakes June 12. His rating is CTR.
We missed his first call home because it was made very late at night and we just couldn't get to the phone fast enough. His Mom was really upset. Well yesterday my wife got a call from our son (Nick) while she was at work. He asked his Mom to listen and to write down what he needed. He needed the dates that he had been out of the country (trips to Japan, Ireland and Canada). He also needed the address of his older brother who was also in the Navy a few years ago. He gave us a email address to send it to. I assume this has something to do with his clearance. Is this correct? Nice to hear from him but he sounded like someone was standing right there while he was talking. His voice sounded horse. He said he had been yelling a lot. Sorry for being so long.
gheinisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 03:25 AM   #2
LT Guppy

LT Guppy is a splendid one to beholdLT Guppy is a splendid one to beholdLT Guppy is a splendid one to behold

Yep, it's for his clearance.

ACTIVE DUTY SAILORS - Click here to have your account verified
LT Guppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 07:59 AM   #3
FutureND
**Active Duty**

FutureND has much to be proud ofFutureND has much to be proud ofFutureND has much to be proud ofFutureND has much to be proud of

As for his voice, he may either be yelling a lot or be sick. Just about everyone gets sick in one way or another there. If he is rpco or aroc he will be yelling a lot and that would make his voice sound rough.
FutureND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 03:32 PM   #4
gheinisch

gheinisch is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the replies. I hope he's not sick but I'm sure boot camp can be a terrible shock to your system.
gheinisch is offline   Reply With Quote