NavyDEP

Go Back   NavyDEP > Ratings (Jobs) > Cryptologic/Intelligence (Spooks) > CTR = CRYPTOLOGIC TECHNICIAN COLLECTION

Family Members join our new Facebook group sponsored by NavyDEP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rtcgreatlakes

Old 12-03-2014, 02:57 PM   #1
FutureSailorjb2

FutureSailorjb2 is on a distinguished road
Default CTR and Debt/Collections?

If I am wanting to go for CTR, right now listed as SECF, would a debt in collections take me out of the running even if I get it paid off before I submit for CTR? The collection was not known until I looked at my credit report and saw it there, so I have been talking with the recruiter and doing my best to get things where they need to be so I can go in to basic as CTR. What do you guys think?
FutureSailorjb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 03:26 PM   #2
FlyNavy
**Active Duty**

FlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureSailorjb2 View Post
If I am wanting to go for CTR, right now listed as SECF, would a debt in collections take me out of the running even if I get it paid off before I submit for CTR? The collection was not known until I looked at my credit report and saw it there, so I have been talking with the recruiter and doing my best to get things where they need to be so I can go in to basic as CTR. What do you guys think?
Whats the amount for? That makes a big difference.
By the sound of it though it probably isn't much if you're planning on having it paid off before boot. If that's the case, just make sure you're upfront about it during your interview process and once it's taken care of you should be fine.

/r
CTT1
FlyNavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 03:38 PM   #3
FutureSailorjb2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTT1(SW)Griffin View Post
Whats the amount for? That makes a big difference.
By the sound of it though it probably isn't much if you're planning on having it paid off before boot. If that's the case, just make sure you're upfront about it during your interview process and once it's taken care of you should be fine.

/r
CTT1
Yea its only for $843 from TMobile, didn't know it was there until right before I went to MEPS. I had them almost 5 years ago. Anyways, I already told MEPS about it when I went down there, and I have been working with my recruiter to make sure I am as upfront as possible. I really want to get into CTR.
Old 12-03-2014, 04:21 PM   #4
FlyNavy
**Active Duty**

FlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yea its only for $843 from TMobile, didn't know it was there until right before I went to MEPS. I had them almost 5 years ago. Anyways, I already told MEPS about it when I went down there, and I have been working with my recruiter to make sure I am as upfront as possible. I really want to get into CTR.
I don't see that being a roadblock for you at all. Just get it on all the needed paperwork and be candid if an investigator asks about it. I wouldn't sweat it too much at all.

What they're looking for on the debt front would be like $5000+, money owed to foreign interests, ect. You situation doesn't really raise many red flags.

They just take that really seriously since the VAST majority of espionage/treason cases revolve around peoples debt and them selling state secrets to solve that debt problem.

/r
CTT1
Old 12-04-2014, 10:30 PM   #5
FutureSailorjb2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTT1(SW)Griffin View Post
I don't see that being a roadblock for you at all. Just get it on all the needed paperwork and be candid if an investigator asks about it. I wouldn't sweat it too much at all.

What they're looking for on the debt front would be like $5000+, money owed to foreign interests, ect. You situation doesn't really raise many red flags.

They just take that really seriously since the VAST majority of espionage/treason cases revolve around peoples debt and them selling state secrets to solve that debt problem.

/r
CTT1
Thanks a lot, this really helps. Yea I leave May 2015, so I want to get everything taken care of by January so I have plenty of time to submit for CTR. The lieutenant was asking about CTT as well, so I have a few options to look over.

I see your info says CTT1, how do you like what you do? Is it interesting and engaging for you?
Old 12-05-2014, 07:07 AM   #6
FlyNavy
**Active Duty**

Quote:
Thanks a lot, this really helps. Yea I leave May 2015, so I want to get everything taken care of by January so I have plenty of time to submit for CTR. The lieutenant was asking about CTT as well, so I have a few options to look over.

I see your info says CTT1, how do you like what you do? Is it interesting and engaging for you?
Read my "Ask A Spook" thread and it should cover the differences in CT rates.

But in short, if I didn't have to worry about money I would still do this job for free haha If that tells you anything ;)

/r
CTT1

Last edited by FlyNavy; 12-05-2014 at 09:36 AM.
Old 12-05-2014, 02:14 PM   #7
FutureSailorjb2

Good to know, that sounds awesome. I will check out your other thread.