NavyDEP

Go Back   NavyDEP > Ratings (Jobs) > Cryptologic/Intelligence (Spooks) > CTR = CRYPTOLOGIC TECHNICIAN COLLECTION

Family Members join our new Facebook group sponsored by NavyDEP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rtcgreatlakes

Old 07-09-2013, 04:23 PM   #1
gheinisch

gheinisch is on a distinguished road
Default More calls

Hello again,
My son's rating is CTR. I was under the impression that you were not allowed to make many phone calls from boot camp. Our son has been able to make quite a few. Today alone he was able to call my wife 3 times (she missed the first 2, talked on the 3rd.) Called me once (I missed it) and called his old employer to find the exact dates of his work history. He told my wife that he was in the security office and that so far everything was going well with his clearance. They even let him use a computer to go online while he was waiting to make contact with my wife. Seems really unusual, is he just lucky or are the recruits trying to get clearance given more chances to call home. My oldest son was able to call twice during his time at RTC. Love hearing from him, just wondering if this normal.
gheinisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 06:30 PM   #2
Haasino
**Active Duty**

Haasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond repute

He's going through the process for his Top Secret security clearance... since it requires an Agent to go out and physically contact his references, many recruits who didn't have a complete SF-86 prior to leaving for RTC will have to call friends and family to track down names, addresses, phone numbers, etc. Some interviewers are nice and let the recruit get some "unofficial" conversation in... some listen in and tell them to only talk as long as necessary to get the info needed.

These extra phone calls are only for recruits undergoing an SSBI for a Top Secret though... those with a Secret, or no clearance, will probably not need to make any calls.

"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room!"
Haasino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 07:09 PM   #3
gheinisch

Okay, thank you for explaining it so well. I know that he went in with a list of names and some other info. I just found out from the wife that he called and needs a copy of his passport sent to the gentleman that it's interviewing him. We had previously sent the gentleman some info about dates our son had been out of the country. He emailed us back saying he appreciated the prompt reply and he would let Nick (our son) call us the next time he was in his office. I guess that was true. Thanks again for the information, much appreciated!
Old 07-11-2013, 06:39 AM   #4
FutureSailor24

FutureSailor24 is on a distinguished road

Didn't he have to give the navy a copy of his passport when he joined? I just remember that when i was doing all of the paperwork, i had to give my recruiter a copy of my passport.
FutureSailor24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 01:08 PM   #5
gheinisch

He may have. I honestly don't remember. There was so much info he went in with, but they always want more. We're just trying to accommodate any request they may have to help him with his clearance.