NavyDEP

Go Back   NavyDEP > DEP & Bootcamp > Bootcamp

Family Members join our new Facebook group sponsored by NavyDEP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rtcgreatlakes

Old 06-01-2014, 04:56 PM   #1
mb11g

mb11g is on a distinguished road
Default Make weight at meps but not rtc?

I couldn't find this in other fourms or posts. But what happens if I make weight at meps but not at rtc? I'm right around my weight and leave this week, I know I will make it at meps but I might skip the bland hotel Breakfeast to do so. So when I go to the airport or arrive in Chicago I know I'm going to grab something to eat. So what happens if I'm over when I arrive at rtc but I officially made it at meps earlier in the day? I'm just under tape test as well, but I was hoping that it wouldn't come to that.
mb11g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 07:20 PM   #2
BubbaGumps64

BubbaGumps64 is on a distinguished road

They will tape you the first night you get there when they weigh you in. As for being over the body fat, I'm not sure. I do know that some people were put on a diet while in bootcamp though.
BubbaGumps64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 07:24 PM   #3
Nicknyte
**Active Duty**

Nicknyte is a name known to allNicknyte is a name known to allNicknyte is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb11g View Post
I couldn't find this in other fourms or posts. But what happens if I make weight at meps but not at rtc? I'm right around my weight and leave this week, I know I will make it at meps but I might skip the bland hotel Breakfeast to do so. So when I go to the airport or arrive in Chicago I know I'm going to grab something to eat. So what happens if I'm over when I arrive at rtc but I officially made it at meps earlier in the day? I'm just under tape test as well, but I was hoping that it wouldn't come to that.
If you are under tape, you'll be fine. I was at 232 when I was taped, and that is 26 pounds over the limit. If you need warm fuzzies, post your measurements and we can see if you will be alright.

NUKE WAIVER SIGNED: 20140904
SHIPDATE: 20150128
GRADUATION: 20150206
ASCHOOL GRADUATION: 20150925

Let me know if you have any questions on the pipeline! -ETN3 Nicknyte
Nicknyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 08:46 PM   #4
HM_Duke

HM_Duke is on a distinguished road

I was wondering the same thing. I am just barely over 18 BMI currently and ship out June 9th. With exercise and long days, I could drop 5 lbs in just a couple of days. I've heard from an Air Force recruiter that someone like me would be literally forced to eat double at the galley. Is this the same for Navy?
HM_Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 08:58 PM   #5
Nicknyte
**Active Duty**

Nicknyte is a name known to allNicknyte is a name known to allNicknyte is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by HM_Duke View Post
I was wondering the same thing. I am just barely over 18 BMI currently and ship out June 9th. With exercise and long days, I could drop 5 lbs in just a couple of days. I've heard from an Air Force recruiter that someone like me would be literally forced to eat double at the galley. Is this the same for Navy?
As with the other guy, please post your height and weight, and I can tell if you are alright or not. BMI doesn't mean much to me. I am at 30 BMI, but I am currently 23% BF.

But you are a really skinny guy. Don't let what recruiters say get to you. In the end, they are just joking around because of your weight. I'll reserve my opinion on what you should do after you post your measurements/height and weight.

NUKE WAIVER SIGNED: 20140904
SHIPDATE: 20150128
GRADUATION: 20150206
ASCHOOL GRADUATION: 20150925

Let me know if you have any questions on the pipeline! -ETN3 Nicknyte
Nicknyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 10:52 PM   #6
Auridan
**Active Duty**

Auridan has a reputation beyond reputeAuridan has a reputation beyond reputeAuridan has a reputation beyond reputeAuridan has a reputation beyond reputeAuridan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by HM_Duke View Post
We had a couple who were on that borderline in my division. You might be put on double entrees, from what I heard. Never saw it happen. Don't worry, it's not double everything, and they're not going to sit there and cram it down your throat, it just means the line will serve you an extra of whatever the main course is.

[EDIT] Just remembered it was called double protein, so there might be more items potentially doubled, but the fact remains that an RDC cannot force-feed you. Hell, they can't even get away with that at Guantanamo.

As for the PT, 1) it's a joke, and 2) by the time you're cleared fit for full duty, you'll have been eating Purina Recruit Chow three times a day for a couple weeks while doing nothing more strenuous than walking down the p-ways in Pearl Harbor. You'll gain weight. One of the guys who shipped from my station was only barely over minimum when he left, but when he separated after a couple weeks due to an undisclosed issue (unrelated to his digestion), he'd already gained 20 lbs.

If you're not happy with it, fix it, because ain't nobody gonna fix it for you.

Last edited by Auridan; 06-02-2014 at 12:08 AM.
Auridan is offline   Reply With Quote