NavyDEP

Go Back   NavyDEP > DEP & Bootcamp > Bootcamp

Family Members join our new Facebook group sponsored by NavyDEP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rtcgreatlakes

Old 08-08-2012, 09:58 PM   #1
jdAECF

jdAECF is on a distinguished road
Default Teeth issues?

I know it's probabily on this site (somewhere) but I haven't found the exact info I'm looking for. I'm not worried about having the work done in boot, but I'm wondering if there is a threshold of bad teeth that they will just send someone home.

I've got a few in rough shape, and don't have the time or money to fix them before I leave. What I'm wondering, is of they send people home who have teeth in rough shape? I know a few cavities isn't a problem, but if it's more than that will they even bother?

I'm willing to let them do whatever they want, and I will work hard to show them I'm there to stay. But I was just reading on the military.com forums about a marine who was sent home for her teeth. I'm hoping that was just that marines excuse for not wanting to tough it out.

My main question is - has anyone heard of someone being DQ'd for their teeth in boot camp?
jdAECF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 06:51 AM   #2
LT Guppy

LT Guppy is a splendid one to beholdLT Guppy is a splendid one to beholdLT Guppy is a splendid one to behold

My husband had MAJOR dental work done in bootcamp. I think it was something like $30,000 worth of dental work.

But it probably depends on what the issue is.

ACTIVE DUTY SAILORS - Click here to have your account verified
LT Guppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 07:19 AM   #3
dixon040

dixon040 is on a distinguished road

From what I've read and asked you'll be fine. Tell take care of you. If MEPS didn't dq you you should be fine.
dixon040 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 12:07 PM   #4
jdAECF

It's just some cavities, an a badly broken tooth ( that I really don't mind if they rip out) Its not like I have any cancer or degenerative disorders. Thanks guppy, people with experience in my concerns helps alot ;)
Old 08-10-2012, 07:56 PM   #5
Laworlo

Laworlo is on a distinguished road

A buddy of mine had 13 fillings to be done and 2 root canals, plus they pulled out 4 wisdom teeth! He graduated with us.
Laworlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 05:38 AM   #6
Boller1986

Boller1986 is on a distinguished road

Do not worry I repeat do not worry I had 9 teeth pulled ant three fillins plus a genetic gum disease so whatever your dental issue they will take care of it I just hope ur not afraid of needles
Boller1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 12:36 PM   #7
jdAECF

They don't bother me as much as I thought they did. I had a big problem with dental shots when I was a young teen, actually punched a dentist once. But since then it doesn't bother me too much. Just had a tooth pulled 2 weeks ago and it didn't bother me too much. But my dentist was gorgeous, which helped alot :p
Old 08-30-2012, 08:45 PM   #8
AO_Davidson

AO_Davidson is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laworlo View Post
A buddy of mine had 13 fillings to be done and 2 root canals, plus they pulled out 4 wisdom teeth! He graduated with us.
that seriously suck lol but what sucks worse is thats going to be me! stupid candy as a kid screwed me over =/
AO_Davidson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 11:08 PM   #9
jdAECF

Yeah... I'm in for hella dental work. I started this thread wondering if it was something that teu would DQ for.
Old 11-23-2012, 03:41 PM   #10
jacek

jacek is on a distinguished road

do you guys know if someone could get DQ'd or sent home from boot camp for having bad teeth? Would they need to have waiver when going to meps? Like they have a cavity in the front, it's noticeable when they talk. They're having work done on it, I think 4 wisdoms need to come out, others need to be filled, and a couple need to be pulled.
jacek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 08:26 PM   #11
Domanae

Domanae is on a distinguished road
Default I have a Similar Question

Will i get DQ'd if my front tooth recently fell out?? (I passed the asvab n did my physical already)
Domanae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 10:54 PM   #12
sweetmtn

sweetmtn will become famous soon enough

I doubt it as it wouldnt stop you from doing your job in the navy...

"Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude." Thomas Jefferson
sweetmtn is offline   Reply With Quote