NavyDEP

Go Back   NavyDEP > Ratings (Jobs) > Ratings (Jobs) ~ Seaman > STG = SONAR TECHNICIAN SURFACE

Family Members join our new Facebook group sponsored by NavyDEP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rtcgreatlakes

Old 09-26-2014, 11:19 AM   #1
GoNavy

GoNavy is on a distinguished road
Default Ops School after A School

Hi- my son is currently in A school in San Diego. He mentioned that after A school, they would be doing Ops School. Can anyone tell me about how long this second school lasts, how long recent hold times have been for Ops School and last if there is a graduation for A School itself...My son can't seem to figure out if graduation is after A school or this Ops school...Hoping one of you folks might know.

By the way, the Navy Base at Point Loma where they go to school is BEAUTIFUL!

2 Sailors...
RTC Ship Date 20120621
BC Grad Date: 20120817

AND

RTC Ship Date: 20140619
BC Grad Date: 20140815

GoNavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 04:08 PM   #2
FlyNavy
**Active Duty**

FlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoNavy View Post
Hi- my son is currently in A school in San Diego. He mentioned that after A school, they would be doing Ops School. Can anyone tell me about how long this second school lasts, how long recent hold times have been for Ops School and last if there is a graduation for A School itself...My son can't seem to figure out if graduation is after A school or this Ops school...Hoping one of you folks might know.

By the way, the Navy Base at Point Loma where they go to school is BEAUTIFUL!
The Sonar Operators Course is between 6-8 weeks.
Hold times change from month to month depending on how many students the school is pushing though.
There would be a graduation for both, although it's not anything like Boot Camp graduation. It's usually held in the classroom and they may take a picture somewhere on base. There isn't much pomp and circumstance to A-school graduation.

/r
CTT1

Last edited by FlyNavy; 09-28-2014 at 03:48 PM.
FlyNavy is offline   Reply With Quote