NavyDEP

Go Back   NavyDEP > Ratings (Jobs) > Cryptologic/Intelligence (Spooks)

Family Members join our new Facebook group sponsored by NavyDEP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rtcgreatlakes

Old 11-03-2011, 10:17 PM   #1
Craig
Administrator

Craig has disabled reputation
Default Where are CT duty stations in the States?

Here is the list of duty stations that CT's go to in the states. They are called NIOC's.

You can find almost all the NIOC locations at this link:
http://www.usncra.org/docs/NNWG-Comm...-01JAN2009.ppt
Look at page 15 (we are the blue SIGINT sites)

For fear of getting about a zillion questions about this, I will post this anyways. This will tell you exactly how the different ratings are set up and what rating are critical and which aren't. It tells me the billets, the manpower, and all other types of stuff.

http://www.public.navy.mil/bupers-np...pring_2010.pdf

Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 07:17 PM   #2
ctraggie

ctraggie is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Craig, thanks a lot for this map.

I was wondering if you could post a map or list of SIGINT stations OUTCONUS that CTs may be sent to.
Old 03-13-2012, 12:03 AM   #3
Craig
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctraggie View Post
Craig, thanks a lot for this map.

I was wondering if you could post a map or list of SIGINT stations OUTCONUS that CTs may be sent to.
You will need to go to this website. Just click on "Browse by Location". Then click on "OCONUS". You will find your information...
http://www.clearancejobs.com/

Old 06-05-2012, 08:20 PM   #4
Taylor1991

Taylor1991 is on a distinguished road

I've read on other forums that CTIs don't get to travel that much. Is that true? Part of the reason I wanted CTI was to travel. Does anyone know about volunteering for Direct Support as a CTI? I'm the first one at my NRS so my recruiter really doesn't know much about the CTI lifestyle. Any help would be appreciated.
Taylor1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 09:22 PM   #5
Craig
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor1991 View Post
I've read on other forums that CTIs don't get to travel that much. Is that true? Part of the reason I wanted CTI was to travel. Does anyone know about volunteering for Direct Support as a CTI? I'm the first one at my NRS so my recruiter really doesn't know much about the CTI lifestyle. Any help would be appreciated.
Taylor - CTI's travel a lot if they're Direct Support. They are constantly gone. If you like sea duty, then you will like CTI. They crossdeck from ship to ship to ship.
I want you to join this group too.
http://www.navyformoms.com/group/cti

Old 06-05-2012, 09:36 PM   #6
Taylor1991

Taylor1991 is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the info. I was just getting a little apprehensive about it. I turned down Nuke for CTI and I wanted to make sure I'd get my travel time in.
Taylor1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 03:58 PM   #7
thebrassranger

thebrassranger is on a distinguished road

How many DIRSUP billets are up for grabs? Is there a likelihood that all who want them will get them?
thebrassranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 07:10 PM   #8
kforbs126

kforbs126 is just really nicekforbs126 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebrassranger View Post
How many DIRSUP billets are up for grabs? Is there a likelihood that all who want them will get them?
Nobody will be able to tell you how many billets are up for anything out of A school. Most A/C school billets are not published.
kforbs126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 05:50 PM   #9
Zachml7

Zachml7 is on a distinguished road

So can CTRs only be stationed at NIOCs?
Zachml7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 03:33 AM   #10
ctraggie

ctraggie is on a distinguished road

Zachml7,

CTRs often get sent to ships. I'm stationed at NIOC HAWAII currently and am constantly told that an R Brancher's (CTR) life is at sea. Out of my A School class, about half of us got sent to a ship (including direct support) and half of us got sent to a NIOC. I know classes that got sent entirely to ships, as well as classes that got sent to entirely NIOCS. As far as shore duty goes, CTRs get sent almost entirely to NIOCs, but there are a few exceptions. As a first term sailor you won't get much say in the matter, but after that you have some say in where you go. I hope that answered your question.
Old 03-20-2013, 07:36 AM   #11
Zachml7

Zachml7 is on a distinguished road

Yes it did thanks
Zachml7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 09:54 AM   #12
Mrs_Breen

Mrs_Breen is on a distinguished road

Craig, are these just shore duty commands? If so, do you have an idea of sea duty locations? If not, would a sailor go to similar places for all orders, but only be eligible for deployment during the sea period? Also, I tried the link you posted for OCONUS locations, but it just showed current jobs that were available, not really specific locations like you have the NIOC ones. Do you have an updated list, or know where I could find it? And last one, do you know of any OCONUS billets that are unaccompanied? My husband and I would really love to go overseas if we could get the chance. Just want to get an idea of what options were out there.

Thank you!
Mrs_Breen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 07:55 AM   #13
isf215

isf215 is on a distinguished road

I know this is a really old thread, but does anyone know if there is an NNWG command briefing with updated information? Future CTI interested in the field i'll be in.

Thanks in advance
isf215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 09:52 AM   #14
jzhaun
**Active Duty**

jzhaun has much to be proud ofjzhaun has much to be proud ofjzhaun has much to be proud ofjzhaun has much to be proud of

We go to one of four NIOCs depending on language: Ft Gordon (Georgia), Ft Meade (Maryland), Hawaii or San Antonio.

PM me if you want more details.
jzhaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 09:26 PM   #15
ALJW2015

ALJW2015 is on a distinguished road
Default CTNs after Corry Station

Where do CTNs get stationed after they finish "A" School and "C" School? Where are the best places to get stationed?
ALJW2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 08:11 AM   #16
FlyNavy
**Active Duty**

FlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALJW2015 View Post
Where do CTNs get stationed after they finish "A" School and "C" School? Where are the best places to get stationed?
Anywhere there's a NIOC, you've got a chance to go.

The big thing to remember here is though that you're going to be junior to just about every other CTN in the Navy. So more than likely you're going to get sent where they need the bodies. Honestly though, each place has its pluses and minuses. Don't worry so much about the geographical location and focus more on the different things you can do at each.

/r
CTT1

**EDIT
The nature of CT work though means we don't really talk about "who does what, where, and how" anywhere outside of work. So get used to getting answers like "a place" or "doing things", you catch my drift?
FlyNavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 08:41 AM   #17
ALJW2015

ALJW2015 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTT1(SW)Griffin View Post
Anywhere there's a NIOC, you've got a chance to go.

The big thing to remember here is though that you're going to be junior to just about every other CTN in the Navy. So more than likely you're going to get sent where they need the bodies. Honestly though, each place has its pluses and minuses. Don't worry so much about the geographical location and focus more on the different things you can do at each.

/r
CTT1

**EDIT
The nature of CT work though means we don't really talk about "who does what, where, and how" anywhere outside of work. So get used to getting answers like "a place" or "doing things", you catch my drift?
Thanks for the info.
ALJW2015 is offline   Reply With Quote