NavyDEP

Go Back   NavyDEP > Ratings (Jobs) > Ratings (Jobs) ~ Seaman > Advanced Electronics Computer Field > Electronics Technician B420, K070, C121

Family Members join our new Facebook group sponsored by NavyDEP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rtcgreatlakes

Old 05-28-2014, 01:49 PM   #1
Minmuf1

Minmuf1 is on a distinguished road
Default E-2 When Graduate Bootcamp

Hi all. Just a question I have AECF and am wondering is it true that once you graduate boot camp you'll automatically be promoted to E-2? Or is it contingent upon whether you pass the initial PFA?
Minmuf1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 02:14 PM   #2
Atom_breaker

Atom_breaker will become famous soon enough

It's not automatic. There are a couple of ways the move up though I believe.
Atom_breaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 03:26 PM   #3
Haasino
**Active Duty**

Haasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond repute

According to MILPERSMAN 1510-030, you will be advanced to E-2 upon completion of Recruit Training Command... provided you're enrolled in an AEF or ATF program.

"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room!"
Haasino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 05:27 PM   #4
Minmuf1

Minmuf1 is on a distinguished road

Awesome thanks! Looks like I'll (hopefully), be an E2 once I graduate. If they haven't changed anything. The Classifier said the same thing I just wanted to double check.
Minmuf1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 06:07 PM   #5
jzhaun
**Active Duty**

jzhaun has much to be proud ofjzhaun has much to be proud ofjzhaun has much to be proud ofjzhaun has much to be proud of

Yep, any E-1 in an ATF rate will be promoted to E-2 at the end of bootcamp. The official start date is when they stamp your orders as having left the command, so you can start wearing the rank once you arrive at A-school.
jzhaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 07:11 PM   #6
BubbaGumps64

BubbaGumps64 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minmuf1 View Post
Hi all. Just a question I have AECF and am wondering is it true that once you graduate boot camp you'll automatically be promoted to E-2? Or is it contingent upon whether you pass the initial PFA?
That is not true. I believe that for AECF once you graduate your A &C schools you will be E4, if I'm not mistaken. Though, you can advance to E2 in bootcamp if you pass the DEP test and the baseline PFA. But that has nothing to do with being AECF.

Another way is if your RDC's decide to advance you. my RDC's onl advanced those with leadership positions (RPOC, AROC, yeoman).
BubbaGumps64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 08:38 PM   #7
FutureND
**Active Duty**

FutureND has much to be proud ofFutureND has much to be proud ofFutureND has much to be proud ofFutureND has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbaGumps64 View Post
That is not true. I believe that for AECF once you graduate your A &C schools you will be E4, if I'm not mistaken. Though, you can advance to E2 in bootcamp if you pass the DEP test and the baseline PFA. But that has nothing to do with being AECF.
Ok, here is a great time to teach all of the newer folks a few things about the navy. The question was asked about advancement. Then a few posts later you have hassino post a link to the official military instruction with the answer (which by the way is that yes you will get e2 upon graduation). Thn a few posts later you have someone who not only gives their "opinion" of what the answer is, but that completely contradicts navy instruction.

The lesson in all of this is thy throughout your career you will have questions and will ask the people around you, and you will most likely get many different answers. When it comes to your career, and your money, it is in your best interest to not only ask those aroud you, but the research and check their answers. There is an official instruction for every single thing you will go through while in the navy, and it can all be found with a bit of digging.
FutureND is offline   Reply With Quote