NavyDEP

Go Back   NavyDEP > DEP & Bootcamp > Bootcamp

Family Members join our new Facebook group sponsored by NavyDEP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rtcgreatlakes

Old 05-17-2016, 10:13 AM   #1
Barbazu

Barbazu is on a distinguished road
Default One week

One week from today I'll be stepping off a bus into the world of Navy Boot Camp. Any last minute advice for an old dude (39) that's taking the plunge into Navy culture?
Barbazu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 10:20 AM   #2
FlyNavy
**Active Duty**

FlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbazu View Post
One week from today I'll be stepping off a bus into the world of Navy Boot Camp. Any last minute advice for an old dude (39) that's taking the plunge into Navy culture?
Don't get caught up with the fck-fck games; they're just gonna happen. You'll be around a bunch of kids, so just understand that's kinda how it's gonna be until you hit the fleet or your reserve unit. Just brush it off and move on with your day.

/r
CTT1
Old 05-17-2016, 10:35 AM   #3
Gunnersate1995

Gunnersate1995 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTT1(SW)Griffin View Post
Don't get caught up with the fck-fck games; they're just gonna happen. You'll be around a bunch of kids, so just understand that's kinda how it's gonna be until you hit the fleet or your reserve unit. Just brush it off and move on with your day.

/r
CTT1
I completely agree, also be prepared to be responsible for a couple of those kids. My recruiters husband is a lead RDC and I had the opportunity of talking with him two weeks ago because I leave tomorrow for basic. I'm only 21 and he told me that so I can only imagine what it's like for you. He also said to not fret about the PT and not being able to do as much as the others. Good luck man!
-FS Neely
Gunnersate1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 12:30 PM   #4
Barbazu

Barbazu is on a distinguished road

I used to substitute teach at a high school, so I'm quite aware of the drama those aged kids can indulge in. I should be able to navigate that stuff pretty easily. It'll be more difficult for me to not tell them to grow up and be men.
Barbazu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 03:06 PM   #5
Gunnersate1995

Gunnersate1995 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbazu View Post
I used to substitute teach at a high school, so I'm quite aware of the drama those aged kids can indulge in. I should be able to navigate that stuff pretty easily. It'll be more difficult for me to not tell them to grow up and be men.
I'm half way done with my history education major so I understand how ya feel!
FS- Neely
Gunnersate1995 is offline   Reply With Quote