NavyDEP

Go Back   NavyDEP > Ratings (Jobs) > Special Warfare > SO = SPECIAL WARFARE OPERATOR (aka NAVY SEAL)

Family Members join our new Facebook group sponsored by NavyDEP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rtcgreatlakes

Old 12-30-2014, 02:19 PM   #1
FS1

FS1 will become famous soon enough
Default Seal?

I am in navy dep, I just recently told my recruiter I want to be Navy Seal. He tells me that I qaulify barely on asvab so I can try out for a Navy Seal position if I want but if I doon't get it I join the regular Navy. I said okay because I need to join Navy. Do you know what % of people make it to become Navy Seal? Do you know what the hardest part of Navy Seal training is? Thank you
FS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 02:54 PM   #2
FlyNavy
**Active Duty**

FlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FS1 View Post
I am in navy dep, I just recently told my recruiter I want to be Navy Seal. He tells me that I qaulify barely on asvab so I can try out for a Navy Seal position if I want but if I doon't get it I join the regular Navy. I said okay because I need to join Navy. Do you know what % of people make it to become Navy Seal? Do you know what the hardest part of Navy Seal training is? Thank you
Out of a class of 100 guys maybe about 10-20 actually make it through BUD/S. After that there is also additional training you have to go through before getting your Trident. You have to make it though the entire training pipeline before you earn the title of SEAL.

/r
CTT1
FlyNavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 02:55 PM   #3
FlyNavy
**Active Duty**

FlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond repute

Check out http://www.sealswcc.com/

It has a ton of information on it.

/r
CTT1
FlyNavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 05:12 PM   #4
theo

theo is on a distinguished road

First things first, you have to actually make it to BUD/S.

Selection for the warrior challenge program is highly competitive. If your good to go medically and your line scores qualify you will still need to take a physical screening test (PST) and computerized special operations resilience test (CSORT). The pst consists of a 500yd swim (CSS or breast stroke only), 2min max push ups, 2min max sit ups, max pull ups, and a 1.5 mile run. You will be placed in a national draft with the most competitive scores being awarded contracts to attend BUD/S.

Your scores would need to be competitive, not minimums and not average.

I just contracted in September and ship SO 20150326. Feel free to ask if you have other questions.
theo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 10:27 AM   #5
dbrooks

dbrooks is on a distinguished road

theo- correct me if I'm wrong, but I know that the motivator for my regional area has workout sessions every month for people with Navy Challenge contracts and people wanting to get them.

OP, if that's something you'd want to do, then it would probably be highly recommended.
dbrooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 12:14 PM   #6
theo

theo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbrooks View Post
theo- correct me if I'm wrong, but I know that the motivator for my regional area has workout sessions every month for people with Navy Challenge contracts and people wanting to get them.

OP, if that's something you'd want to do, then it would probably be highly recommended.
The divemo workouts are great. We have them twice weekly here in AZ. In our district you can only attend if your qualified and pass the pst though. Talk to your recruiter and get down to the pool for divemo or a pst asap. Picking up SO is obtainable, around 1200 guys pick up contracts every year. Its just wanting it enough to actually put in the work to earn it.

Edit: heads up, you'd need to earn a contract before your 45 days out from your current ship date in order to re rate to SO.
theo is offline   Reply With Quote