NavyDEP

Go Back   NavyDEP > Ratings (Jobs) > Professional Apprenticeship Career Track Program (PACT) > PACT Seaman (SN)

Family Members join our new Facebook group sponsored by NavyDEP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rtcgreatlakes

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-11-2013, 11:54 AM   #1
daisy03

daisy03 is on a distinguished road
Question Please HELP!!!

My ship date is June 3rd and I have a few questions and was looking for some help, I do realize that going in Undesignated (PACT) is not a future sailors dream but for different reasons this is what I will be going in as, So I was wondering if anyone could help me out on a few things that I haven't been able to find the answers to!
Will I get orders after A school like everyone else?, and how will those orders differ from other Sailors that are not undesignated? Are my chances of getting orders outside the US more likely or does it matter? How long will I be in A school for? And how long will I be Undesignated? Does being in the PACT program mean I will be out on deployment more or less than someone who is designated? OR does any of that matter?
These are just some of the ?'s that myself and my family has, so if anyone knows the answers that would be great, I have however heard horror stories about (PACT) and I know you all have too! Therefore I don't need any opinions Im not looking to change my rating or leave date, just information! Any information would be great! Thanks for the help!
daisy03 is offline   Reply With Quote