NavyDEP

Go Back   NavyDEP > DEP & Bootcamp > Bootcamp

Family Members join our new Facebook group sponsored by NavyDEP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rtcgreatlakes

Old 10-06-2013, 02:24 PM   #1
JEndicott

JEndicott is on a distinguished road
Talking Sunday Schedules

Just curious....what takes place during boot camp on Sundays....after holiday time ends/ Classes? Drills? Appreciate any info!!!!
Jeff
JEndicott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 06:52 PM   #2
AyeeYoAP

AyeeYoAP is on a distinguished road

I was in bootcamp from December 2012-February 2013.

Holiday routine was from 0700 (or 0800 I can't remember lol) - 1300. During this time recruits are allowed to shine boots, write letters, take "hollywood showers", etc. They also have a WIDE variety of church services you can go to on Sundays.

Afterwords, you field day for about an hour. Might do some marching practice. No PT. There really isn't too much that goes on on Sundays. Saturdays and Sundays are also NON-training days.
AyeeYoAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 08:53 PM   #3
Soon to be ABE

Soon to be ABE is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyeeYoAP View Post
I was in bootcamp from December 2012-February 2013.

Holiday routine was from 0700 (or 0800 I can't remember lol) - 1300. During this time recruits are allowed to shine boots, write letters, take "hollywood showers", etc. They also have a WIDE variety of church services you can go to on Sundays.

Afterwords, you field day for about an hour. Might do some marching practice. No PT. There really isn't too much that goes on on Sundays. Saturdays and Sundays are also NON-training days.
IDK what kind of world you are living in but you definately PT on saturdays and Sundays. Once liberty ends at 1300 on sunday it is up the the RDC descresion on what he wants to do. I remember some sundays PTing for hours after holiday routine and when it got closer to graduation i remember doing drill practice for hours for the final drill inspection
Soon to be ABE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 09:08 PM   #4
AyeeYoAP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soon to be ABE View Post
IDK what kind of world you are living in but you definately PT on saturdays and Sundays. Once liberty ends at 1300 on sunday it is up the the RDC descresion on what he wants to do. I remember some sundays PTing for hours after holiday routine and when it got closer to graduation i remember doing drill practice for hours for the final drill inspection
Excuse you, but I'm just going off of MY experience at bootcamp. I'M not YOU, so I'm sorry that we weren't living in the same world or whatever you wanna call it and didn't have similar bootcamp experiences, but I answered the question based on what I as an INDIVIDUAL went through, but let me clarify this dream world that I'm living in for the OP:

When I said No PT on Sundays, I meant no ORGANIZED PT as in, Freedom Hall or actual, on the POD, In-House PT. I didn't say anything about PTing on Saturdays. The OP asked about SUNDAYS. So I responded keeping in mind that the OP was talking about SUNDAYS.

On OUR POD at bootcamp, field day happened as soon as we secured from holiday routine.

When I said that there isn't too much that goes on on weekends, I meant that it was more freelance for the RDCs to do whatever.

If you're lucky, like myself OBVIOUSLY, you may find yourself in a division that didn't get beat all the time like a lot of other divisions.
Old 10-06-2013, 11:01 PM   #5
FinnTheHuman

FinnTheHuman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Excuse you, but I'm just going off of MY experience at bootcamp. I'M not YOU, so I'm sorry that we weren't living in the same world or whatever you wanna call it and didn't have similar bootcamp experiences, but I answered the question based on what I as an INDIVIDUAL went through, but let me clarify this dream world that I'm living in for the OP:

When I said No PT on Sundays, I meant no ORGANIZED PT as in, Freedom Hall or actual, on the POD, In-House PT. I didn't say anything about PTing on Saturdays. The OP asked about SUNDAYS. So I responded keeping in mind that the OP was talking about SUNDAYS.

On OUR POD at bootcamp, field day happened as soon as we secured from holiday routine.

When I said that there isn't too much that goes on on weekends, I meant that it was more freelance for the RDCs to do whatever.

If you're lucky, like myself OBVIOUSLY, you may find yourself in a division that didn't get beat all the time like a lot of other divisions.
*slowclap*
FinnTheHuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 02:30 PM   #6
gregmosu

gregmosu is on a distinguished road

Quote:

How often did you get 'Beat' per day and per week? Not just on Sundays, but during any regular week?
gregmosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 04:42 PM   #7
AyeeYoAP

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregmosu View Post
How often did you get 'Beat' per day and per week? Not just on Sundays, but during any regular week?
You can get beat ANYtime.

My division... we only got divisional IT (beat) ONCE. My RDCs usually dropped us individually or just dropped our division leaders.

Sometimes we got dropped in groups. Mostly during WTI lol

But me as a person, I was dropped once individually for talking while I was on watch about dolphins... IDK lol

Compared to other divisions, my division and brother div's NEVER got beat... which is kinda true. Especially compared to other people's experiences. In the 2 months I spent at bootcamp, I can count on 2 hands how many times I got beat and the beatings were usually less than 5 minutes -_-