NavyDEP

Go Back   NavyDEP > DEP & Bootcamp > Bootcamp

Family Members join our new Facebook group sponsored by NavyDEP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rtcgreatlakes

Old 07-26-2013, 03:44 PM   #1
gheinisch

gheinisch is on a distinguished road
Default Ricky Heaven?

Just missed another phone call from my son. So far I'm batting 1.000 with the phone calls, missed everyone of them. He did leave me a voice mail saying he was fine and was in Ricky Heaven. I'm not familiar with that term, can someone here clue me in on what this is? It sounds like a good thing, at least he didn't say he was in Ricky Hell. LOL
Thanks in advance for your help!
gheinisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 04:21 PM   #2
cabrickhouse

cabrickhouse is on a distinguished road

Im guessing that your son is close to his PIR date. Rickity Heaven (my RDCs called it Recruit Heaven) is a portion of the Recruit NEX that has a Subway, Taco Bell and Pizza Hut express in it as well as a section with arcade games, pool tables, jukeboxes, televisions, board games, books and a small movie theater in it. Normally this is about the time that the RDCs allow the recruits to start buying gedunk (snacks and other sodas) from the NEX. It makes a nice change of pace from galley food and just have several hours away from the barracks where you can be free to have fun. There are also computers where you can get on facebook and email, as well as you having access to the phone center.
cabrickhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 04:26 PM   #3
gheinisch

Thanks for the explanation. Yes, his PIR date is August 9. Glad to hear that he and his shipmates finally get to have a little fun.
Old 07-27-2013, 04:14 PM   #4
Sailorman

Sailorman is on a distinguished road

Hi! Sorry your missing precious phone calls. Just in case you are not aware;you can have a special ring-tone just for your sons calls. AT&T,most cell phone providers like Verizon,T-Moble etc.&cable co.s provide this at no charge. You could also have your son call w/2 rings to let you know it's him&then call back in a set number of minutes you both agree to & when you hear that special tone(his tone) you'll be ready. Works on call forwarding also. All the best to you&hopefully,you'll never miss another all important call. I was a sailor myself&know the feeling of missing loved ones&the joy of hearing their voice.esp.Mom. Congratulations! I know your proud.
Sailorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 11:34 PM   #5
sweetmtn

sweetmtn will become famous soon enough

Since both my sons went military, they know to only call my cell, as it has become a rule to ALWAYS carry my cell with me! Even with my youngest out of the navy now..he still calls my cell!

"Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude." Thomas Jefferson
sweetmtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 03:30 PM   #6
gheinisch

I've just had the worst of luck with my son's phone calls. He calls my cell, but with my job's rules I'm unable to answer it unless it is in a private area. I'm a manager in retail. By the time I get some where to answer it, he's gone. Sometimes I just don't feel it vibrate, must have the volume turned down. My wife has been able to talk with him a few times, so all is good. Would be nice to hear his voice in person at least once. LOL . We'll be going up to see his PIR in a couple of weeks, can't wait.
Old 07-29-2013, 08:45 AM   #7
Kyledmorgan

Kyledmorgan is on a distinguished road
Default Do all recruits get to go to Ricky Heaven

So is this something that all recruits get to do once they get close to the end of bootcamp?
Kyledmorgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 05:22 PM   #8
LT Guppy

LT Guppy is a splendid one to beholdLT Guppy is a splendid one to beholdLT Guppy is a splendid one to behold

Yes

ACTIVE DUTY SAILORS - Click here to have your account verified
LT Guppy is offline   Reply With Quote