NavyDEP

Go Back   NavyDEP > DEP & Bootcamp > Bootcamp

Family Members join our new Facebook group sponsored by NavyDEP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rtcgreatlakes

Old 07-26-2013, 05:22 AM   #1
tjmaurice

tjmaurice is on a distinguished road
Default 900 Divisions

Does anyone have experience or know anything about the 900 divisions? For instance, what did it take to become a part of the chorus? How does the audition work? And just the 900 divisions in general?
tjmaurice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 06:52 AM   #2
jzhaun
**Active Duty**

jzhaun has much to be proud ofjzhaun has much to be proud ofjzhaun has much to be proud ofjzhaun has much to be proud of

I wasn't in a 900 div, but I can tell you a little. First of all, it depends on what kind of 900 div they're starting when you get there. When I arrived at bootcamp it was a state flags div that they were filling, and they'd already filled most of it up the day before, so they only took people with drumline or marching experience from us. I remember a couple females asked to audition for choir, and they made them sing in front of everyone while we were all sitting the pway trying to not fall asleep. I don't think any of them got it, but I can't be sure because I didn't know who they were.
Remember though, they won't take you for a 900 division unless you can already pass your swim, your PFA, and probably your tests as well. Because 900 divs don't have time to work on that stuff - they're going to be drillling for the next graduation.
jzhaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 10:41 AM   #3
Cmann318

Cmann318 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjmaurice View Post
Does anyone have experience or know anything about the 900 divisions? For instance, what did it take to become a part of the chorus? How does the audition work? And just the 900 divisions in general?
It does depend on what kind of 900 they're trying to fill when you get there but let's say they're filling flags and you can sing really good then you can still be im the choir you'll just practice with the triple threat division on Saturdays. The first day you're there you'll go to the drill hall for tryout and you'll sing whatever song thy want you too. If you're not what they want they will ASMO you to a different division and that'll be it. It's alot of fun though and you can even leave base for events so I'd suggest a 900 to anyone that has the opportunity.
Cmann318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 11:37 AM   #4
tjmaurice

Thank you both for your answers. I think I want to try out for it if I get the chance.
Old 07-27-2013, 11:36 PM   #5
JaxSailor22

JaxSailor22 is on a distinguished road

I graduated in July of 2012 from division 935, an all male staff division. if you take a look back into some of my previous threads I mention my experience being a part of a 900. All in all they're great and anyone who has the chance to be in one should jump on it!
JaxSailor22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 06:14 AM   #6
tjmaurice

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxSailor22 View Post
I graduated in July of 2012 from division 935, an all male staff division. if you take a look back into some of my previous threads I mention my experience being a part of a 900. All in all they're great and anyone who has the chance to be in one should jump on it!
Thank you so much!!! I'm going to take a look right now.