NavyDEP

Go Back   NavyDEP > Ratings (Jobs) > Airmen (Airdales) > AO = AVIATION ORDNANCEMAN

Family Members join our new Facebook group sponsored by NavyDEP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rtcgreatlakes

Old 01-18-2016, 01:38 PM   #1
aloha.mav

aloha.mav is on a distinguished road
Default Leaving for BT soon, I'm an AO as well...

I've been noticing some sailors after graduation either leave right after graduation or leave on the weekend. For us AO's, when do we leave for A School? Does it depend on how much we are needed or what? An instant answer would be nice because I really want to know. I know there are many AO's as well so help a brother out please haha.
aloha.mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 07:48 PM   #2
Spook

Spook will become famous soon enough

Depends on when you're flight to A-school is. longest you'll wait at bootcamp is 2 days.
Spook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 06:48 AM   #3
Haasino
**Active Duty**

Haasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spook View Post
Depends on when you're flight to A-school is. longest you'll wait at bootcamp is 2 days.
What's your source for this? Granted, I went through in 2012... but nobody stayed past 0600 Saturday unless they were going over to the "A" School side, or checking into the Temp. Holding Unit. "A" School and THU checks out immediately after graduation; everyone else goes on liberty until ~2000 that night, then leave in groups between midnight and 0600 based on what airport and flight they're leaving on.

"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room!"
Haasino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 08:53 PM   #4
Just4Kixs

Just4Kixs has much to be proud ofJust4Kixs has much to be proud ofJust4Kixs has much to be proud ofJust4Kixs has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by aloha.mav View Post
I've been noticing some sailors after graduation either leave right after graduation or leave on the weekend. For us AO's, when do we leave for A School? Does it depend on how much we are needed or what? An instant answer would be nice because I really want to know. I know there are many AO's as well so help a brother out please haha.
The AOs in my division left the next day after graduation day, so their families and who ever flew in for the ceremony then spent some time with their grad and then left back or stayed the night at a hotel or where ever (the grads have to return back to the compartment that same night). The following day, the grads left for the airport, granted, some, if any, of their family members or loved ones met up with them at the airport while waiting for flight to P-cola. You'll enjoy FL. My AO friends from boot liked it.
Just4Kixs is offline   Reply With Quote