NavyDEP

Go Back   NavyDEP > DEP & Bootcamp > Bootcamp

Family Members join our new Facebook group sponsored by NavyDEP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rtcgreatlakes

Old 11-26-2013, 03:17 PM   #1
13Point1Heiress

13Point1Heiress is on a distinguished road
Question What Can Get You Sent Home From Bootcamp

What would make you get sent back home from boot camp? (I was reading an old thread of a recruit who spent 3 months in bootcamp & she said she was finally sent home but didn't respond to why). I know not passing swimming could get you pushed back but what all can get you sent home as opposed to pushed back a week or two?

Thanks!

DEP: 04OCT13
SHIP: 29JUL14
13Point1Heiress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 03:31 PM   #2
Diesirae27

Diesirae27 is on a distinguished road

If you can't pass BC in 180 since getting there, you get sent home. This usually pertains to injuries. My sister was there for 4 months due to a stress fracture on her shin. If it were a break and they didn't think she could be fit for duty to complete in 180 days than she would have been sent home to heal.
Diesirae27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 05:31 PM   #3
jzhaun
**Active Duty**

jzhaun has much to be proud ofjzhaun has much to be proud ofjzhaun has much to be proud ofjzhaun has much to be proud of

From my experience: severe injuries, or ones that heal slowly, mental issues (depression, panic attacks etc), them discovering something medical they might have missed earlier (always slightly too high blood pressure and weird knees were two I saw) and not passing your run or swim.

They used to keep you there as long as you were motivated to stay for as far as swim/PFA failures went. But that changed while I was there - I want to say they settled on 10 chances for the run and 16 for swim. However they test swim more often than run, so swimmers would usually leave first, one way or the other.

Also if you get injured, heal, and then get injured again - they decide you're probably a bad risk.

I spent 2 months in the Recruit Convalescent Unit (which also housed PFA failures and FAST) from January to March of this year because of a stress fracture, so this information is accurate as of 8 months ago. Things change pretty frequently though.
jzhaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 05:45 PM   #4
Diesirae27

Diesirae27 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzhaun View Post
weird knees
can you explain that further?
Diesirae27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 06:57 PM   #5
John213AV

John213AV is on a distinguished road

One kid decided he didn't like his rate anymore, and decided to tell the RDC's that he wanted to KILL HIMSELF.

Never saw him again.

One kid had a Panic Attack after we had gotten IT'd ( believe me, you will get IT'd as a division ONCE). The chief tried to calm him down and talk casually with him but the kid insisted he needed to go to the hospital.

GONE!

Another kid had migraines so severe that he was loosing balance.

Lata!

One kid got ASMOD ( sent out of our division and back like 2 weeks ) becuase he COULD NOT follow directions and was just a mess ( written up a lot for talking, not having military bearing etc ) he eventually was separated from the Navy for not listening to rules.

OH YEA, and there was a kid across the hall who was TAKING CRAPS in his underpants, and putting pieces of his feces in his A&B draw underneath his bed. Needless to say, he was separated from the Navy.

Any type of SEXUAL contact will get you separated too. Girls and Guys will have sex, as well as Guy and Guy and Girl and Girl. It happens. Anyone caught is GONE. 3 dudes admitted to receiving, well, favors from a girl and they were all separated because it violated the CO's Top 6...Recruit to Recruit Contact!

Just follow the rules!
John213AV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 01:42 PM   #6
13Point1Heiress

13Point1Heiress is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by John213AV View Post
Just follow the rules!

Lol! Thanks! I thought the males & females were separate. Are both sexes sleeping in the same room to engage in "those" activities? 0_o

DEP: 04OCT13
SHIP: 29JUL14
13Point1Heiress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 07:38 PM   #7
jzhaun
**Active Duty**

jzhaun has much to be proud ofjzhaun has much to be proud ofjzhaun has much to be proud ofjzhaun has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesirae27 View Post
can you explain that further?
Their knees were shaped differently than most people's are, and the activity level in bootcamp (I'm not really sure whether it was the running or the standing or what) eventually put them in semi-constant pain and made them limp. It was hereditary, not an injury, but once the doctors figured out what it was, they were separated.
jzhaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 07:48 PM   #8
Brier

Brier is on a distinguished road

Literally ANYTHING.

I was in SEPS from July to August and it was literally anything. We had new people every single day, even at one point, up to ten in a day. Their issues ranged from mental health (OCD, anxiety, self-harm, etc), physical problems (foot pain due to the boots, migraines, injuries, pregnancy), to even just not wanting to be in the Navy anymore. Most were P-Days and stood up at the Moment of Truth, some were even graduated sailors. It's really dependent on your condition and severity and what the doctors do/tell you.

If I remember correctly, and after hearing it later from several SEPS'd females, RCU is no longer around, so it's likely that not passing your PFA or the swim is now included in the separations.
SEPS: 20130710
Brier is offline   Reply With Quote