NavyDEP

Go Back   NavyDEP > Ratings (Jobs) > Cryptologic/Intelligence (Spooks) > CTI = CRYPTOLOGIC TECHNICIAN INTERPRETIVE

Family Members join our new Facebook group sponsored by NavyDEP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rtcgreatlakes

Old 07-04-2014, 04:26 PM   #1
graememoorejr

graememoorejr is on a distinguished road
Default Random CTI Questions

I've done hours upon hours of research which has answered a lot of my questions. However, there's a few things that I was unable to track down an answer for, so I thought I'd come here for possible answers. The questions are:

1. Generally speaking, when a CTI is deployed, does he/she get attached to a ship, or deployed to a country in which the language spoken is the one he/she learned?

2. Is it difficult to get a Direct Support billet and be deployed with NSW/NSO forces?

3. As a CTI, can you qualify for extra schools such as Jump School, Dive School, etc.?

4. I've heard from sources that aren't necessarily credible that those in Intelligence fields can't get tattoos? Is this the case, or does the same rule apply to you as it would the rest of the Navy?

5. Finally, how soon after RTC can you begin getting tattooed and is it difficult to get tattoos approved at DLI?

I appreciate any and all input.

Last edited by graememoorejr; 07-04-2014 at 05:02 PM. Reason: Missed questions.
graememoorejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 05:48 PM   #2
jzhaun
**Active Duty**

jzhaun has much to be proud ofjzhaun has much to be proud ofjzhaun has much to be proud ofjzhaun has much to be proud of

CTIs aren't attached to ships. Generally if you're dirsup you'll be either stationed in a specific region and hop ship to ship as they move in and out or be waiting on call at your home base.

Availability of dirsup/special forces support will depend on your language and experience level. I wouldn't expect to work with seals on your first tour.

We often go to aircrew/sere school, I haven't heard of others. I'm told there's a lot of extra technical training available in the fleet, but I'm not quite there yet.

We can have tattoos.You can apply for them at DLI, but you have to submit the chit properly. I see people getting the chits handed back to them because they filed it out wrong fairly often.
jzhaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 06:40 PM   #3
graememoorejr

graememoorejr is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzhaun View Post
CTIs aren't attached to ships. Generally if you're dirsup you'll be either stationed in a specific region and hop ship to ship as they move in and out or be waiting on call at your home base.

Availability of dirsup/special forces support will depend on your language and experience level. I wouldn't expect to work with seals on your first tour.

We often go to aircrew/sere school, I haven't heard of others. I'm told there's a lot of extra technical training available in the fleet, but I'm not quite there yet.

We can have tattoos.You can apply for them at DLI, but you have to submit the chit properly. I see people getting the chits handed back to them because they filed it out wrong fairly often.
I appreciate the info!
graememoorejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 01:25 PM   #4
USNAVYCASTRO

USNAVYCASTRO is on a distinguished road

Quick question. Is CTI good if I wish to join the CIA FBI NSA and government agencies as such?
USNAVYCASTRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 04:51 PM   #5
jzhaun
**Active Duty**

jzhaun has much to be proud ofjzhaun has much to be proud ofjzhaun has much to be proud ofjzhaun has much to be proud of

The short answer is yes, but only if you're high speed. Three letter agencies will try to recruit the best of us, they're not going to offer everyone a spot.
jzhaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 05:24 PM   #6
USNAVYCASTRO

USNAVYCASTRO is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the response! So regarding careers after the Navy what would offer more? CTI or CTT?
USNAVYCASTRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 05:25 PM   #7
FlyNavy
**Active Duty**

FlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNAVYCASTRO View Post
Thanks for the response! So regarding careers after the Navy what would offer more? CTI or CTT?
They both would offer about the same, it would really just come down to what you wanted to do/where you wanted to go. The clearance you'll get is really the biggest selling point and since they both have the same, it's really whatever interests you more.

/r
CTT1
FlyNavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 06:10 PM   #8
classified9
**Active Duty**

classified9 will become famous soon enough

What up...

When I see my shipmates here hahahaha

"Don't give up. Don't ever give up." - Jimmy V
classified9 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags