NavyDEP

Go Back   NavyDEP > Ratings (Jobs) > Cryptologic/Intelligence (Spooks) > CTI = CRYPTOLOGIC TECHNICIAN INTERPRETIVE

Family Members join our new Facebook group sponsored by NavyDEP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rtcgreatlakes

Old 06-15-2014, 12:37 PM   #1
kindred

kindred is on a distinguished road
Default Finally in DLI

Hello!

I've been in DLI for a little over 2 months now. if anyone has any questions, feel free
kindred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 12:53 PM   #2
Texasailor2015

Texasailor2015 is on a distinguished road

Hi! I go back to MEPS Tuesday to (hopefully) pick a rate and swear in and CTI is one of my options. What language did you choose, and we're they flexible with the options of languages for you to choose from (given the choice, I want Russian). How tough is DLI and what do you generally do on a day-to-day basis?
Thanks.
Texasailor2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 05:18 PM   #3
jzhaun
**Active Duty**

jzhaun has much to be proud ofjzhaun has much to be proud ofjzhaun has much to be proud ofjzhaun has much to be proud of

I was gonna let Kindred have this one, since it's their thread, but I'd rather you have the information going in than not.

I'm Chinese, and I'm getting close to graduation now. They are flexible in that they will offer you anything they have available, but languages aren't available all the time. There's no guarantees, no matter how high your DLAB score is (by the way, have you taken it? You're not going to be able to sign as CTI unless you have.)

DLI is tough. I have a bachelor's degree, and DLI is way more intense than college was. The material isn't that difficult, it's just the rate you're expected to learn at that gives people problems.

I'm not going to type out all the times and stuff (although I think about.com or something has it) but basically . . . Muster. Class. Lunch. Class. PT/Training/Cleaning. Homework. Maybe something extra like Choir or Drill or Sports in the evening if you've got time.
jzhaun is offline   Reply With Quote