NavyDEP

Go Back   NavyDEP > Ratings (Jobs) > Cryptologic/Intelligence (Spooks) > CTT = CRYPTOLOGIC TECHNICIAN TECHNICAL

Family Members join our new Facebook group sponsored by NavyDEP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rtcgreatlakes

Old 12-31-2014, 01:25 PM   #1
aspanz

aspanz is on a distinguished road
Default CTT School Questions

I have a CTT 6 year contract and I have guaranteed E-4 after my A school. Is A School just ELE or is it the entire CTT Tech pipeline.

Also, what are the barracks like at Corry Station? Do you get your own room and just share a common area? Any info would be great.
aspanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 01:49 PM   #2
FlyNavy
**Active Duty**

FlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspanz View Post
I have a CTT 6 year contract and I have guaranteed E-4 after my A school. Is A School just ELE or is it the entire CTT Tech pipeline.

Also, what are the barracks like at Corry Station? Do you get your own room and just share a common area? Any info would be great.
As a Tech, you're going to go through ATT at Corry station for some basic electronics, after that comes ELE, Shipboard Ops, SSDS, and you'll get a specific class for whatever version of the SLQ you get assigned. You'll be there longer than your 4yr counter parts, hence why you're guaranteed E-4 (so you can keep pace with those that get to the fleet before you).

Craig had a great thread about it (although some of the information is outdated) here:
http://www.navydep.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2004

Barracks at Corry? You'll have anywhere between 1-3 roommates (depending on which building you're in) and you'll share a common area with other Sailors. It's pretty similar to a college dorm.

If you have any specific questions, ask away! Obviously I was there myself and one of my best friends is there who schedules every CTT school in the country.

/r
CTT1
FlyNavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 12:59 AM   #3
FutureSailorBur

FutureSailorBur is on a distinguished road

I have a 4 year contract, does that change anything that you just told him?
FutureSailorBur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 08:47 AM   #4
FlyNavy
**Active Duty**

FlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureSailorBur View Post
I have a 4 year contract, does that change anything that you just told him?
You're an operator. So right off the bat you won't be doing the tech school he would be doing (learning how to fix the gear).

Instead, you'll go on one of two tracks depending on what eventual billet the Navy is gonna have you fill. Both will attend ELE (Entry Level ELINT) school (CTT A-school), but after that is where it differs. If you're heading to a ship then you'll get sent to Shipboard Operations (Shipboard Ops), which is in the same building and is really only like a month long if I remember right. If you're heading for a shore site (a NIOC somewhere) then you won't and you'll just get sent to your command. On the shore duty side they'll send you to a different school later, you just don't need it right out of the gate like someone going to a ship does.

/r
CTT1
FlyNavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 02:17 PM   #5
renelove0429

renelove0429 is on a distinguished road

Hello, I am a wife of a future of a CTT 6 year contract. When would I be able to go move with him?
renelove0429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 08:24 PM   #6
FlyNavy
**Active Duty**

Quote:
Originally Posted by renelove0429 View Post
Hello, I am a wife of a future of a CTT 6 year contract. When would I be able to go move with him?
For the length of time he's gonna be in training at Corry I believe they are still moving families down there for that. Over the years I've seen them be a little wishy washy on it, but tech-track T-birds are down there for a hot minute. Once he gets down to Corry I would have him follow up with his Chain of Command about getting it setup.

EDIT: Also here is a CNIC website that can help you out with housing
https://www.cnic.navy.mil/HEAT

/r
CTT1
Old 03-04-2017, 11:34 AM   #7
renelove0429

Okay, he is saying his schooling is about 2 years.
Old 03-04-2017, 09:45 PM   #8
FlyNavy
**Active Duty**

Quote:
Okay, he is saying his schooling is about 2 years.
Shouldn't be quite that long, but a year and half is pretty par for the course. That's the reason they sign a 6 year contract though; those extra 2 years are built in for training time. They still really only get 4 years of operational work out of you haha

/r
CTT1
Old 03-05-2017, 02:39 PM   #9
renelove0429

Ahh, I see. See I'm familiar with the military ranks and all ( 4years of Army JROTC ) but schooling and all that I have no clue what so ever about haha. Another question, Does CTT get deployed a lot??
Old 03-05-2017, 03:14 PM   #10
FlyNavy
**Active Duty**

Quote:
Ahh, I see. See I'm familiar with the military ranks and all ( 4years of Army JROTC ) but schooling and all that I have no clue what so ever about haha. Another question, Does CTT get deployed a lot??
Depends where you get orders to really. We can get sent anywhere from ships, subs, aircrew, spec war, or shore based facilities all over the world.

Since he's going the tech route, he's gonna be a SLQ-32 technician, which means he's going to a ship. What class of ship (DDG, CVN, etc) depends on what version of the SLQ his class gets trained for, as different ships have different versions of the system.

The average shipboard schedule for deployments goes on a cycle of maintenance/repairs, then training/certifications, then a 6-8 deployment, then back for maintenance/repairs and the cycle starts over again. It's a safe bet to expect a deployment every 1.5 years. He'll probably 2-3 deployments during his enlistment.

/r
CTT1