NavyDEP

Go Back   NavyDEP > Ratings (Jobs) > Cryptologic/Intelligence (Spooks) > CTI = CRYPTOLOGIC TECHNICIAN INTERPRETIVE

Family Members join our new Facebook group sponsored by NavyDEP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rtcgreatlakes

Old 09-22-2016, 10:07 PM   #1
nweb97

nweb97 is on a distinguished road
Default Question about Langauge Selection

Hi, I'm currently in DEP, shipping to RTC early next May. Based off the couple posts I've read already on the forum it's apparent that the selection itself is based off whatever courses are opening up after you finish bootcamp, but I was wondering if your DLAB score has any bearing on your placement? For instance I have a score of 133, and say there is 1 spot left in a language I want, but someone with a 115 also wants the spot, will it go to me for having the higher score?

Thanks in advance.
nweb97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 08:26 AM   #2
KickerGirl91

KickerGirl91 is on a distinguished road

In both cases, each sailor would end up with a cat-4 language. With a 133 you should resolve yourself to the fact that you're going to have Korean Chinese or arabic. They'll put you in whichever class they have room in and that will be that. I went in asking for everything but arabic and they had open spots in Arabic so guess what I got. Bottom line is if your score qualifies you for a cat 4 you're going to end up with one
KickerGirl91 is offline   Reply With Quote