NavyDEP

Go Back   NavyDEP > Ratings (Jobs) > Cryptologic/Intelligence (Spooks) > CTI = CRYPTOLOGIC TECHNICIAN INTERPRETIVE

Family Members join our new Facebook group sponsored by NavyDEP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rtcgreatlakes

Old 06-11-2016, 12:35 AM   #1
janyari

janyari is on a distinguished road
Default What is the CTI job environment like?

I want to be a CTI with my language being russian (I have been speaking russian for awhile)

Anyways I wanted to know what being a CTI is like. I see a lot saying that it'll be mainly a desk job but I'm not sure if I could handle that.
janyari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 01:08 AM   #2
jzhaun
**Active Duty**

jzhaun has much to be proud ofjzhaun has much to be proud ofjzhaun has much to be proud ofjzhaun has much to be proud of

Yeah, 90% of us work in offices. Probably more than that for Russian.

We're not interpreters, we're language analysts. We do our best work when we have access to all of our tools.
jzhaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 10:18 AM   #3
FlyNavy
**Active Duty**

FlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond repute

I 2nd jzhaun here;

CTI's are language experts that are intelligence analysts. Intel analysts typically work that usual day job type of gig in an office, BUT working there means you have access to all the top tools of your trade and all the other experts in whatever mission you're working on.

Working as a CTI also means you're going to be working on some very serious stuff. It's by no means routine paperwork. The stuff all of us CT types work on directly affects national security. Obviously we can't talk about it here, but don't get so focused on the environment. Be focused on the kind of work you'll be doing if you get into that job.

/r
CTT1

Tags
cti