NavyDEP

Go Back   NavyDEP > DEP & Bootcamp > Bootcamp

Family Members join our new Facebook group sponsored by NavyDEP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rtcgreatlakes

Old 07-19-2017, 09:25 PM   #1
contigo26

contigo26 is on a distinguished road
Default Graduated Bootcamp July 14, 2017? AMA

I graduated last Friday the 14th. Ask me anything regarding Bootcamp?
contigo26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 10:51 AM   #2
Barbazu

Barbazu is on a distinguished road

What ship were you on and who were your RDCs?
Barbazu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 07:30 PM   #3
contigo26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbazu View Post
What ship were you on and who were your RDCs?
Ship 03 USS Hopper

Last edited by contigo26; 07-24-2017 at 08:36 PM.
Old 07-23-2017, 03:20 PM   #4
Barbazu

Barbazu is on a distinguished road

Congratulations, man! Stay focused in "A" school. A ton of people get caught up in the sudden freedom and blow it.

EDIT: Especially at Corry Station!

Last edited by Barbazu; 07-23-2017 at 03:21 PM. Reason: Truth
Barbazu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 03:40 PM   #5
rmorales14

rmorales14 is on a distinguished road
Default PRTs?

How strict are they with your push-ups? How is the PT in general? Any tips for that fact would be greatly appreciated
rmorales14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 04:09 PM   #6
contigo26

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmorales14 View Post
How strict are they with your push-ups? How is the PT in general? Any tips for that fact would be greatly appreciated
How strict were they with my push-ups? For one proper form, Don't slouch your back, be level to the deck, and legs straight feet together. Go all the way up and down.

PT in general was not difficult. It is 45mins consisting of warm up exercises and different arm and leg stretches then you proceed and do pushups exercises, curl-ups, and more arm and leg stretches. Along bootcamp you'll start with SC/MOD1 - same arm and leg stretches with 30 seconds of doing as many pushups and situps as you can, SC/MOD2 - 1.5 minute minute doing as many pushups and , SC/MOD3 - is 2 minutes of as many pushups and situps. You'll get exhausted honestly but if you cant do anymore pushups you have to rest in the up position and not touching the floor. hold that position as long until they stop. Same with situps as well. They'll yell to keep going but its better than getting IT'ed (intensive training which is way worse than a PT when they drop you).

Tips to get better i'd say keep going. We had a someone in our division who couldnt do more than 2 pushups, towards the end i think they made alot i cant remember.

You'll be on SC/MOD1 for a few weeks then go to MOD2, then MOD3 towards or nearing your last PFA. Please don't be those recruits who hides in the bathrooms during PT just because they dont want to exercise. Trust me we got like more than 5 hiding in the stalls to avoid exercising.
Old 07-24-2017, 07:02 PM   #7
rmorales14

rmorales14 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by contigo26 View Post
How strict were they with my push-ups? For one proper form, Don't slouch your back, be level to the deck, and legs straight feet together. Go all the way up and down.

PT in general was not difficult. It is 45mins consisting of warm up exercises and different arm and leg stretches then you proceed and do pushups exercises, curl-ups, and more arm and leg stretches. Along bootcamp you'll start with SC/MOD1 - same arm and leg stretches with 30 seconds of doing as many pushups and situps as you can, SC/MOD2 - 1.5 minute minute doing as many pushups and , SC/MOD3 - is 2 minutes of as many pushups and situps. You'll get exhausted honestly but if you cant do anymore pushups you have to rest in the up position and not touching the floor. hold that position as long until they stop. Same with situps as well. They'll yell to keep going but its better than getting IT'ed (intensive training which is way worse than a PT when they drop you).

Tips to get better i'd say keep going. We had a someone in our division who couldnt do more than 2 pushups, towards the end i think they made alot i cant remember.

You'll be on SC/MOD1 for a few weeks then go to MOD2, then MOD3 towards or nearing your last PFA. Please don't be those recruits who hides in the bathrooms during PT just because they dont want to exercise. Trust me we got like more than 5 hiding in the stalls to avoid exercising.
Thank you, I appreciate a fast, detailed response!
I can do pushups right now, but only about 10-15 "perfect push-ups." I'm not too too worried, but enough to be concerned.
rmorales14 is offline   Reply With Quote