NavyDEP

Go Back   NavyDEP > DEP & Bootcamp > Bootcamp > Pass In Review (Graduation)

Family Members join our new Facebook group sponsored by NavyDEP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rtcgreatlakes

Old 07-18-2013, 03:55 PM   #1
gheinisch

gheinisch is on a distinguished road
Default A little bummed!

Just got another letter from our son Nick at RTC. He is doing okay but told us that there will be 13 divisions at his PIR on August 9th. Which means only three guest can attend. We had already made plans for four. He still wants everyone to come and we'll meet up with everyone after graduation. Which is what we we'll do. The others can watch the stream from the hotel, just not quite the same as being there. His brother is coming in from Washington State so he'll be the third. We are bringing his best friend up with us from Georgia, was really hoping he could be the fourth. Totally understand the space restraints, just was hoping to be able to bring four.
gheinisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 04:29 PM   #2
SoonaSailorPhil

SoonaSailorPhil is on a distinguished road

i've heard, and don't quote me, from people that have graduated. Even if all four people go, they won't necessarily just say no. because some recruits have nobody coming or just like 1 person there will be room. So if you all four show up, there is a possibility you can all watch. And i mean if you're all four gonna be in great lakes anyways. why not try it? Somebody i know had 5 people go when it was suppose to only be three. I guess is just depends. But best of luck
SoonaSailorPhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 06:22 PM   #3
Auridan
**Active Duty**

Auridan has a reputation beyond reputeAuridan has a reputation beyond reputeAuridan has a reputation beyond reputeAuridan has a reputation beyond reputeAuridan has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear it, but this might help: http://www.livestream.com/usnavyrtc

Anyone who can't actually go up there and watch it in person can instead watch through that link.

If you're not happy with it, fix it, because ain't nobody gonna fix it for you.
Auridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 06:29 PM   #4
JaxSailor22

JaxSailor22 is on a distinguished road

When I graduated in July of last year recruits who didn't have a family member to fill each available spot would help out and put someone's family member under their name if they needed an extra. For example I was allowed four guests but only had three planning to attend. One of the guys in my div had five family members trying to attend so I listed his sister under my name. When she arrived at PIR she just had to give my name at the door instead of his. Write back and see if he might be able to find somebody to help out, I'm sure there will be someone who can help him out.
JaxSailor22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 07:12 PM   #5
gheinisch

That's a great idea Jaxsailor. I was just writing him a letter today and haven't mailed it. I'll ask him to see if he can get someone to help him out. Thanks everyone for the great info! I really appreciate it.
Old 07-20-2013, 10:03 AM   #6
sweetmtn

sweetmtn will become famous soon enough

Just understand that if the name is NOT on the list..they will not get in.

"Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude." Thomas Jefferson
sweetmtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 02:15 PM   #7
gheinisch

Yes, we do understand. Everyone was going to go anyway. Our son was really looking forward to his best friend being able to attend. They grew up together and our families are very close. Hoping it will all work out, but if it doesn't, we'll still have a good time.