NavyDEP

Go Back   NavyDEP > DEP & Bootcamp > Bootcamp

Family Members join our new Facebook group sponsored by NavyDEP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rtcgreatlakes

Old 05-04-2014, 08:10 PM   #1
Atom_breaker

Atom_breaker will become famous soon enough
Default Faces of bootcamp

Was watching the YouTube video of navy bootcamp again today, and noticed during the runs, the recruits have something wrapped around their right ankles.. What is that? You can see the large white socks, then there is a little blue band that looks like a watch or an ankle monitor or something.. Anyone know what it is?
Atom_breaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 08:19 PM   #2
LT Guppy

LT Guppy is a splendid one to beholdLT Guppy is a splendid one to beholdLT Guppy is a splendid one to behold

It's the timer, for tracking your run time.

ACTIVE DUTY SAILORS - Click here to have your account verified
LT Guppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 10:01 PM   #3
FutureND
**Active Duty**

FutureND has much to be proud ofFutureND has much to be proud ofFutureND has much to be proud ofFutureND has much to be proud of

They have a tendency of missing a lap here and there. It sucks and most rdc's will say oh well run another one. We were told to run an extra lap every time just in case.
FutureND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 10:11 PM   #4
Atom_breaker

Atom_breaker will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guppy2010 View Post
It's the timer, for tracking your run time.
That's cool. I pictured someone standing around with a stop watch and paper hahaha.. Guess this is 2014...
Atom_breaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 10:39 AM   #5
Auridan
**Active Duty**

Auridan has a reputation beyond reputeAuridan has a reputation beyond reputeAuridan has a reputation beyond reputeAuridan has a reputation beyond reputeAuridan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atom_breaker View Post
That's cool. I pictured someone standing around with a stop watch and paper hahaha.. Guess this is 2014...
There's also gonna be a few hundred recruits running at a time, so that's pretty much impossible.

They tell you not to, but when I ran, I always glanced up at the board to see my name and lap count go by, just to make sure I was getting counted. Don't do it if you're borderline though.

If you're not happy with it, fix it, because ain't nobody gonna fix it for you.
Auridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 12:53 PM   #6
Haasino
**Active Duty**

Haasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auridan View Post
They tell you not to, but when I ran, I always glanced up at the board to see my name and lap count go by, just to make sure I was getting counted. Don't do it if you're borderline though.
I did that too... I also made sure to swing to the outside of the track each lap and pass directly next to the sensors. I never had a lap skipped but a few people from my division who ran on the inside in a big group did...

"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room!"
Haasino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 06:50 PM   #7
Mparker181

Mparker181 is on a distinguished road

Make sure you count your own laps too so you can keep a good pace. Oh and that video is shit, not much like bootcamp in my opinion. But move to the outside when you pass the sensors and do not walk at all.. Or call a tto but you'll learn about that in bootcamp
Mparker181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 06:56 PM   #8
LT Guppy

LT Guppy is a splendid one to beholdLT Guppy is a splendid one to beholdLT Guppy is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mparker181 View Post
Make sure you count your own laps too so you can keep a good pace. Oh and that video is shit, not much like bootcamp in my opinion. But move to the outside when you pass the sensors and do not walk at all.. Or call a tto but you'll learn about that in bootcamp
Do not use TTOs (training time outs) as an easy way out. However, if there is a situation that is a genuine safety risk, don't be afraid to get an RDCs attention.

ACTIVE DUTY SAILORS - Click here to have your account verified
LT Guppy is offline   Reply With Quote