NavyDEP

Go Back   NavyDEP > Ratings (Jobs) > Ratings (Jobs) ~ Seaman > Hospital Corpsmen G000, L500

Family Members join our new Facebook group sponsored by NavyDEP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rtcgreatlakes

Old 05-01-2013, 12:11 PM   #1
Cassie314

Cassie314 is on a distinguished road
Default Looking for HM info!

I'm looking to find more info. on HM. I ship to basic the 21st and would just like to know what to expect at "A" School...And what I "might" be doing after! Any thing would be greatly appreciated!
Cassie314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 04:35 PM   #2
CorpsmanParagon

CorpsmanParagon is on a distinguished road

If you want more information on HM. You can visit this LINK. This provide general information. Although, I'm not sure how up to date it is.

Another good source would be to ask your recruiter to refer you to another HM enlisted personnel or recruiter. Have a set of questions ready before calling the person.
CorpsmanParagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 09:54 AM   #3
amcarr

amcarr is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorpsmanParagon View Post
If you want more information on HM. You can visit this LINK. This provide general information. Although, I'm not sure how up to date it is.
That link is very out of date on most of its information, and very vague on the rest.
amcarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 11:57 AM   #4
FutureHM

FutureHM is on a distinguished road

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHCAfmL2U7I

This video helped me a bit about how A school goes. She goes into great detail about it. It was also posted about a month ago so it's pretty up to date.

As far as what you would be doing. It depends on where you get stationed to. Normally a lot of new HM's go to hospitals right after A school to get some experience before they do more intricate things such as getting stationed onto a ship.
FutureHM is offline   Reply With Quote