NavyDEP

Go Back   NavyDEP > DEP & Bootcamp > Bootcamp

Family Members join our new Facebook group sponsored by NavyDEP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rtcgreatlakes

Old 02-05-2013, 10:23 PM   #1
OliviaJ

OliviaJ is on a distinguished road
Default Boot camp and Navy Reserve

Is anyone a Navy Reservist? I signed up at MEPS for Navy Reserve(MA) so that I could finish my college degree while serving in the military part time. If you are a Navy Reservist do you regret being a Reservist or would you rather be Active Duty? Is it true that I can go active after 2 year of being a Reservist? Also, what happens in Navy Boot Camp if you aren't in shape? Will the RDC's get you in shape to pass the PRT's?
OliviaJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:07 PM   #2
Malarkey

Malarkey is on a distinguished road

I can only speak on one of these as I'm going active duty: you better work out by yourself or (preferably) with your NRS DEP pool because otherwise boot can potentially kick your ass.
Malarkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 12:44 AM   #3
sweetmtn

sweetmtn will become famous soon enough

I will tell you this..you really need to be in shape for boot as you will not be treated any different than any other person there....As far as going Active Duty after 2 years..they say you can...BUT..I have found VERY FEW that were able to go active due to the economy and cuts in the military budget. As the rating you are going in as is well covered...I highly doubt it that you will be able to go active duty later.

"Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude." Thomas Jefferson
sweetmtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 12:52 AM   #4
rac

rac is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by OliviaJ View Post
Is anyone a Navy Reservist? I signed up at MEPS for Navy Reserve(MA) so that I could finish my college degree while serving in the military part time. If you are a Navy Reservist do you regret being a Reservist or would you rather be Active Duty? Is it true that I can go active after 2 year of being a Reservist? Also, what happens in Navy Boot Camp if you aren't in shape? Will the RDC's get you in shape to pass the PRT's?
Message geeMA. He is a MA in the Navy Reserves.

I fix airplanes sometimes. I know everything there is to know about absolutely nothing.
rac is offline   Reply With Quote