NavyDEP

Go Back   NavyDEP > Ratings (Jobs) > Ratings (Jobs) ~ Seaman > Hospital Corpsmen G000, L500

Family Members join our new Facebook group sponsored by NavyDEP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rtcgreatlakes

Old 03-26-2017, 08:21 PM   #1
cwaydenied

cwaydenied is on a distinguished road
Default Fleet Returnee

Good Morning,

As my user name suggests my c-way got denied to stay in rate as a LS. I picked up HM on my last look and expected to go in July 2017. I was wondering if there are any fleet returnees that could explain the day to day of "A" school? Also, I have heard that HM "A" school is tough and if there was anything that I could do to prepare ahead of time? Finally, what is the rule on failing classes?

any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you and have a great day.

PO2(AW/SW)
cwaydenied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 08:25 PM   #2
BonzerAsp
**Active Duty**

BonzerAsp is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwaydenied View Post
Good Morning,

As my user name suggests my c-way got denied to stay in rate as a LS. I picked up HM on my last look and expected to go in July 2017. I was wondering if there are any fleet returnees that could explain the day to day of "A" school? Also, I have heard that HM "A" school is tough and if there was anything that I could do to prepare ahead of time? Finally, what is the rule on failing classes?

PO2(AW/SW)
There's an AM2 in my shop that had to pick up HM as well. I believe he's going the month after you. Good luck!

"It follows then as certain as that night succeeds the day, that without a decisive naval force we can do nothing definitive, and with it, everything honorable and glorious."
President George Washington

BonzerAsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 12:13 AM   #3
PropertyofBuMed
**Active Duty**

PropertyofBuMed has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwaydenied View Post
Good Morning,

PO2(AW/SW)
Sorry im late, i hope this reaches you before july,comes around.

A school isnt tough... Its basic emt and some nursing.

Im just finishing up my time here in san antonio for c school, sooo i can maybe shed some light on your situation a bit.

Youll be about 50% in training prison.

Have to park at a far parking lot and march to class with the recruits. Galley sucks. You should have your own barracks room with no roommate as a second, unless full in which case you can only room with another second, and youll be living across the sidewalk in the c school building with the other po's, so as not to corrupt their precious souls.

If you fail a test, you wake up early and retake it the next day, if you fail again you roll back a week. You can do this twice. Likewise failing 6 tests will get you booted.. But 6 tests is rediculous. In my opinion if you fail more then 1 test in a school, you shouldnt be anywhere near a patient.. Buttt big navy sees otherwise..

In all honesty though as a second class theres absolutely 0 excuse for you to fail.. You have to be like.. Grossly negligent to pull that off.. Not studying at all, getting drunk the night before etc.

Also be mindful the command is very very very... Verrryyy trigger happy with mast. Theyll njp you for the slightest infraction... But the good news is they dont really take rank, theyre just big fans of restriction here.

Just be careful dude... I cant stress enough the importance of being on your best behaviour here. They just had a first class go up and get on restriction here, sor something thatd just get you a chief lecture in the fleet...its no joke.

V/r
HM2
PropertyofBuMed is offline   Reply With Quote