NavyDEP

Go Back   NavyDEP > Ratings (Jobs) > Ratings (Jobs) ~ Seaman > Hospital Corpsmen G000, L500

Family Members join our new Facebook group sponsored by NavyDEP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rtcgreatlakes

Old 11-24-2015, 05:23 PM   #1
Sostre

Sostre is on a distinguished road
Default Question about changing NECs.

I got HMDA cause it was the only HM available at MEPs. I was happy with that and still am, but i heard or read somewhere that I wouldn't be able to change away from 8701 later on, that that was it. Is there any truth to that?? i was planning on entering as 8701 since that's what was available, and then switching to 8404 when i could and try to get into 8427. Am I really stuck with dental assistant??
Sostre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 01:36 AM   #2
PropertyofBuMed
**Active Duty**

PropertyofBuMed has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sostre View Post
I got HMDA cause it was the only HM available at MEPs. I was happy with that and still am, but i heard or read somewhere that I wouldn't be able to change away from 8701 later on, that that was it. Is there any truth to that?? i was planning on entering as 8701 since that's what was available, and then switching to 8404 when i could and try to get into 8427. Am I really stuck with dental assistant??
You're pretty screwed, you'll be a HMDA for a hot minute. HMDA is the hardest to get out of, because its in your contract.. expect to be a HMDA for the next 3.5 years at least.
PropertyofBuMed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2015, 12:53 AM   #3
Raca1234
**Active Duty**

Raca1234 is on a distinguished road

We had tooth fairies go to fmtb too, so you can still get that training.
Raca1234 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
8701, changing, hmda, nec