NavyDEP

Go Back   NavyDEP > DEP & Bootcamp > Bootcamp

Family Members join our new Facebook group sponsored by NavyDEP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rtcgreatlakes

Old 09-23-2016, 10:31 AM   #1
erinlynn6

erinlynn6 is on a distinguished road
Default Just got a call from boot camp (medical discrepancy)

My son is in P-days (day 4 I think) and I just received a call from the nurse doing his medical screening. He had listed an allergy to a medication on his MEPS paperwork because his pediatrician always had it listed as an allergy in his medical record. He is "technically" not allergic to it but has a sensitivity to it; therefore the recruiter said to mark it so that his medical record and his service record matched in case they checked.

Will this look like he lied on his paperwork since they have now determined that he is not allergic to the medication? And if so, will this cause them to separate him? I would hate for him to be sent home because he erred on the side of caution.

On the bright side, I was able to talk to him for about 30 seconds. He said he was good, just a little tired. I told him the worst part was almost over (hope that was okay since we were on speakerphone with her listening).

I know I sound like an insane mom but I have heard horror stories of kids getting separated for all kinds of crazy things.
erinlynn6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 08:35 PM   #2
YN2(AW)Williams
**ActiveDuty**

YN2(AW)Williams has a reputation beyond reputeYN2(AW)Williams has a reputation beyond reputeYN2(AW)Williams has a reputation beyond reputeYN2(AW)Williams has a reputation beyond reputeYN2(AW)Williams has a reputation beyond reputeYN2(AW)Williams has a reputation beyond repute

I would not worry about it. Especially if the recruiter is willing to affirm that they told him to put it on his record.

What they might separate people for is being actually allergic to something common like penicillin and then not telling them in order to enlist (that is a disqualifying allergy). Saying he is allergic because he is sensitive to something and wants to be cautious is somewhat different.

Get in touch with the recruiter and let them know is my advice.
YN2(AW)Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 02:23 AM   #3
FlyNavy
**Active Duty**

FlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond repute

This isn't a problem I would sweat. Really, he should be fine.

/r
CTT1
Old 09-26-2016, 09:31 AM   #4
erinlynn6

erinlynn6 is on a distinguished road

Talked to the recruiter and gave him the updated information. He advised that RTC had not called him and there were no notifications in the system (whatever that means) so everything should be okay. Thanks again for always give me info and calming my nerves, you guys are awesome.
erinlynn6 is offline   Reply With Quote