NavyDEP

Go Back   NavyDEP > Ratings (Jobs) > Submarine (Bubbleheads) > SECF = Submarine Electronics/Computer field

Family Members join our new Facebook group sponsored by NavyDEP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rtcgreatlakes

Old 08-13-2015, 12:30 PM   #1
Kalis

Kalis is on a distinguished road
Default SECF school & advancement info?

I leave for boot camp September 24th and I just have a few questions about my rate which is SECF. I have read a that after boot camp if you do well on tests and such and sign an extra year to your contract you automatically make E-4, is this true to anyones knowledge? Also, how is A school? Do you guys like Groton?
Kalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 09:48 PM   #2
CTR3(IW/SG) Freddie
**Active Duty**

CTR3(IW/SG) Freddie is a splendid one to beholdCTR3(IW/SG) Freddie is a splendid one to beholdCTR3(IW/SG) Freddie is a splendid one to behold

Don't know much about the specific rate, but the two ways I know of making e-4 out of school is to have an ATF which would mean you originally signed up for six years. But what you seem to be talking about is the second way which is the accelerated advancement program. With the AAP,you would need to be top of your class, and if you are e-3 you can sign an extension of one year to your contract, and after four months at your first actual command, your chain of command if they think you are fit for it, can advance you.