NavyDEP

Go Back   NavyDEP > DEP & Bootcamp > Bootcamp

Family Members join our new Facebook group sponsored by NavyDEP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rtcgreatlakes

Old 08-09-2016, 08:38 PM   #1
Cain

Cain is on a distinguished road
Default Recruit Training Guide for Basic Military Training

I was wondering if anybody knew where to get a copy of the Recruit Training Guide for Basic Military Training which they use in Navy Recruit Training. I would like to find a copy to read in my free time in-between tests while I'm going to school. I just figured one way to be prepared would be to read this book 10+ times before I even go to meet the Navy Recruiter again.

If you know of a way I could get this book or a copy of it or pdf, I would be grateful for your graciousness.
Cain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 09:27 PM   #2
contigo26

contigo26 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cain View Post
I was wondering if anybody knew where to get a copy of the Recruit Training Guide for Basic Military Training which they use in Navy Recruit Training. I would like to find a copy to read in my free time in-between tests while I'm going to school. I just figured one way to be prepared would be to read this book 10+ times before I even go to meet the Navy Recruiter again.

If you know of a way I could get this book or a copy of it or pdf, I would be grateful for your graciousness.
I found this one in this link:
https://www.yumpu.com/en/document/vi...nd-the-us-navy

It's a old version from 2009. I've been looking for newest version as well but couldnt find any online.
contigo26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 09:32 PM   #3
YN2(AW)Williams
**ActiveDuty**

YN2(AW)Williams has a reputation beyond reputeYN2(AW)Williams has a reputation beyond reputeYN2(AW)Williams has a reputation beyond reputeYN2(AW)Williams has a reputation beyond reputeYN2(AW)Williams has a reputation beyond reputeYN2(AW)Williams has a reputation beyond repute

I tried searching for a while, and I could not find a PDF for you.

However! Do not worry too much over those tests. They do not just suddenly crop up, and you will have plenty of time to study! At least in my division we had a solid 30 minutes a night to study, plus review time with the whole division, plus random segments in between. For example, many divisions are expected to have their books out and reading while they are at chow. That adds up to nearly an hour a day of study time. Combined with the fact that you can definitely ask your RDCs up to which chapter will be on the next test (and show good initiative in the process), you will be fine.

That aspect of boot camp is designed for people who realistically barely graduated high school. There is a fair bit of memorization, and that is where most people seem to have problems. As a pre-law college student, you should have no problems.

I would recommend looking instead for the Blue Jacket's Manual. It is really the handbook for the junior enlisted, and will teach you a lot more than the recruit guide will. Combined with the START guide which you can ask your recruiter for a copy of ahead of time, you will be solid with what you need to know before boot camp.
YN2(AW)Williams is offline   Reply With Quote