NavyDEP

Go Back   NavyDEP > Ratings (Jobs) > Cryptologic/Intelligence (Spooks) > CTN = CRYPTOLOGIC TECHNICIAN NETWORKS

Family Members join our new Facebook group sponsored by NavyDEP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rtcgreatlakes

Old 03-09-2015, 10:29 AM   #1
AlphaWolf

AlphaWolf is on a distinguished road
Question CTN School

Greetings,

I am currently a HM2 converting to CTN. I was inquiring as to whether there are any new developments in terms of the Pensacola schooling as a fleet returnee from anyone that recently graduated or attended.

Will I likely be placed in geobachelor barracks or put in the Lodge?

Do I lose my BAS or will I be allowed to purchase my own food?

I do not plan for my family to move with me, especially since I have an EFM and the course sounds rather intensive. I'm trying to calculate financial expense during my tenure there and decide whether I should bring a vehicle instead of relying on a bicycle / bus system.

I went to Pensacola for my HM C school, but it was NAS Pensacola and I never once visited Corry Station. The commissary is located on that base is all I know about it. Does it have an indoor pool facility as well? If not, I guess I'll have to find a way to make it to NAS to swim laps.

Any additional information would be much appreciated.

Thank you
AlphaWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 07:07 PM   #2
radar

radar is on a distinguished road

The commissary is just outside of the base, and we do not have an indoor pool that I've ever seen. There is an outdoor one, though (and it's warming up, so that should be getting used a lot more often now). As for your being a student here, the only thing I'm sure of is that you'll have to march to/from school every day.
radar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 01:51 PM   #3
AlphaWolf

AlphaWolf is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by radar View Post
The commissary is just outside of the base, and we do not have an indoor pool that I've ever seen. There is an outdoor one, though (and it's warming up, so that should be getting used a lot more often now). As for your being a student here, the only thing I'm sure of is that you'll have to march to/from school every day.
I appreciate the response. I actually called the school house today and got quite a few answers.

For anyone interested in the future:
1) You can geobachelor and live in cost free barracks located on NAS Pensacola. You are responsible for transportation to and from Corry Station.

2) You will lose your BAS and eat at the chow hall on base unless your family accompanies you.

3) You do not get Family Separation Allowance if your orders are accompanied and you op to geobachelor. BAH will be Pensacola unless you have a reason why your family cannot accompany you (EFMP for me).

That's basically all I asked and what I got definitive answers to. I probably should have asked more, but I'm only worried about my family and whether they're going to stay or go with me.

Thanks again
AlphaWolf is offline   Reply With Quote