NavyDEP

Go Back   NavyDEP > Ratings (Jobs) > Airmen (Airdales) > AW = NAVAL AIRCREWMAN (AWO, AWF, AWV, AWS, AWR)

Family Members join our new Facebook group sponsored by NavyDEP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rtcgreatlakes

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-19-2016, 06:42 PM   #1
Redfishbluefish

Redfishbluefish is on a distinguished road
Default Aircrew reservist

Hi everyone!

I made it through MEPS with flying colors and landed the rating I wanted! I'm beyond excited for April to get here but still left with lots of questions.

I can't seem to get any information from the recruiters or google about how the training differs for a reservist. It certainly doesn't make sense for the Navy to spend what appears to add up to over a year of training just to let me go back to my regular job and train once or twice a month...

I realize the specialty schools (the A school?) come after NACCS so I wouldn't know which specific school I would get til then but they seem fairly similar in length.

That being said, looking through the rating cards it looks like it's basic, NACCS, the specialty school, SERE, then an undetermined number of weeks in the flight squadron? Yes? But from talking to an aircrew physical trainer today he made it sound like I'll be skipping out on a lot of this because I'm not active so the Navy has no reason to give me all that training... More like I'll be a flight attendant of sorts with the least training they can give me.

Does anyone have any experience with how all this works for a reservist? Wish I could go active but the family is barely tolerating this decision. =(

Really appreciate it!
Redfishbluefish is offline   Reply With Quote