NavyDEP

Go Back   NavyDEP > Ratings (Jobs) > Nuclear Program (NUC) > NUKE = NUCLEAR POWER FIELD

Family Members join our new Facebook group sponsored by NavyDEP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rtcgreatlakes

Old 04-28-2014, 06:10 AM   #1
classified9
**Active Duty**

classified9 will become famous soon enough
Default Classing up after a-school? NUC questions

Hey gang,

Getting closer to my ship date and couldn't be more excited. I just have random questions pop in my noggin.

I am hearing that in the NF pipeline there isn't an immediate jump from a-school to PowerSchool, and from PowerSchool to prototype.

What do you do when you have to wait for several months for this?

Thanks

"Don't give up. Don't ever give up." - Jimmy V
classified9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 06:37 AM   #2
Atom_breaker

Atom_breaker will become famous soon enough

I think there was a question about this a while back, pretty much I've heard you do chores.. Drive the duty van.. Field day. Whatever they can give us to fill our time I guess.
Atom_breaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 06:43 AM   #3
Haasino
**Active Duty**

Haasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond repute

What I've gathered from my buddies in the Nuke field is this... you'll have T-Track between A School and Power, and then Grad Hold between Power and Prototype. You cover a variety of watches and duties, and do some occasional cleaning. Everyone I know seems to have been in each phase for a few months.

"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room!"
Haasino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 09:17 AM   #4
classified9
**Active Duty**

classified9 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haasino View Post
What I've gathered from my buddies in the Nuke field is this... you'll have T-Track between A School and Power, and then Grad Hold between Power and Prototype. You cover a variety of watches and duties, and do some occasional cleaning. Everyone I know seems to have been in each phase for a few months.
Thanks for the info Haasino,

What exactly is t-track?

"Don't give up. Don't ever give up." - Jimmy V
classified9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 12:10 PM   #5
Haasino
**Active Duty**

Haasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gebailey View Post
Thanks for the info Haasino,

What exactly is t-track?
No prob! As for T-Track... it's just what they called being on hold between A School and Power School. One of my friends just started Grad Hold while she waits to transfer commands for Prototype... it sounds like the jobs and watches you do in Grad Hold differ from T-Track... T-Track is more like student hold and cleaning, whereas Grad Hold is more like temp duty and admin work.

Old 04-28-2014, 12:41 PM   #6
Atom_breaker

Atom_breaker will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haasino View Post
No prob! As for T-Track... it's just what they called being on hold between A School and Power School. One of my friends just started Grad Hold while she waits to transfer commands for Prototype... it sounds like the jobs and watches you do in Grad Hold differ from T-Track... T-Track is more like student hold and cleaning, whereas Grad Hold is more like temp duty and admin work.
Awesome info! But you should absolutely make your friends join the forum!
Atom_breaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 01:46 PM   #7
Haasino
**Active Duty**

I'll see what I can do...

Old 04-28-2014, 03:45 PM   #8
drego86

drego86 is on a distinguished road

To go along with what has already been said... T-track lasts only as long as it takes for the next power school class to graduate. A power school class graduates every two months. So your T track will vary depending on when when you graduate A school in relation to the next power school graduation.
drego86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 12:49 PM   #9
sweetmtn

sweetmtn will become famous soon enough

Also after your A school as a nuke, you will be auto promoted to 3rd class, but you have to do the very short course of leadership, then you are given your crows. I will have to ask my son how long that was, but from I remember, it wasnt very long.

"Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude." Thomas Jefferson
sweetmtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 01:55 PM   #10
Haasino
**Active Duty**

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetmtn View Post
Also after your A school as a nuke, you will be auto promoted to 3rd class, but you have to do the very short course of leadership, then you are given your crows. I will have to ask my son how long that was, but from I remember, it wasnt very long.
It was ~3 days of "death by PowerPoint" and was incorporated into the end of A School... at least for the EM's I know who graduated last summer.