NavyDEP

Go Back   NavyDEP > Ratings (Jobs) > Nuclear Program (NUC) > NUKE = NUCLEAR POWER FIELD

Family Members join our new Facebook group sponsored by NavyDEP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rtcgreatlakes

Old 10-15-2012, 09:54 AM   #1
warehimer33

warehimer33 is on a distinguished road
Default Leave during A School/Power/Prototype?

I was just wondering if it's possible to take leave after graduating boot camp(during A School, Power School, or Prototype)? if so, how long would that leave be able to be, 1 week 2? I'm not really sure how taking leave works...

"All the waste in a year from a nuclear power plant can be stored under a desk." --Ronald Reagan
warehimer33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 12:38 PM   #2
culp7

culp7 is on a distinguished road

Also wondering the same thing, also does anyone know the amount of time off we will recieve after a-school before our first duty station?
culp7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 12:59 PM   #3
LT Guppy

LT Guppy is a splendid one to beholdLT Guppy is a splendid one to beholdLT Guppy is a splendid one to behold

During A-School, it's unlikely. You need to be there to learn the material.
If you're on hold it's more likely.

After A School, I think the standard is 10 days.

ACTIVE DUTY SAILORS - Click here to have your account verified
LT Guppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 09:13 PM   #4
warehimer33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guppy2010 View Post
During A-School, it's unlikely. You need to be there to learn the material.
If you're on hold it's more likely.

After A School, I think the standard is 10 days.
Ahh, okay thanks, guppy!

"All the waste in a year from a nuclear power plant can be stored under a desk." --Ronald Reagan
Old 10-17-2012, 11:46 AM   #5
sweetmtn

sweetmtn will become famous soon enough

My son was able to take some leave after his A school at the nuke school while waiting for Power School to start...he was able to take about a week.

"Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude." Thomas Jefferson
sweetmtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 05:33 PM   #6
SMunson

SMunson is on a distinguished road

Currently there is no leave after boot camp, it is immediately from Great Lakes to Charleston and school will start after a week or so of Indoc. After A-School is over, there is generally about a week or so of leave that you can take before you go on "T-Track" which is a holdin period where you stand watches while waiting for more classes to graduate for Power School.
Old 10-18-2012, 05:38 PM   #7
warehimer33

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMunson View Post
Currently there is no leave after boot camp, it is immediately from Great Lakes to Charleston and school will start after a week or so of Indoc. After A-School is over, there is generally about a week or so of leave that you can take before you go on "T-Track" which is a holdin period where you stand watches while waiting for more classes to graduate for Power School.
Gotcha, thanks!

Old 10-19-2012, 10:33 AM   #8
F.S.Richerson

F.S.Richerson is on a distinguished road

my wife is due to give birth just a few days after I am to graduate boot camp. my recruiter told me that if I tell the people at indoc in charleston immediately about my situation, they will give me a few days. he might be full of it though.
F.S.Richerson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 06:53 PM   #9
prop827

prop827 is on a distinguished road

You will not get leave after boot camp, during Indoc or A-School (except during standdowns for Thanksgiving and Christmas). When you graduate A School you are authorized up to 10 days of leave during T-Track (time between NFAS and NPS). After power school you are allowed up to 14 days of "grad leave". Following Prototype you are allowed up to 21 days of Transfer leave prior to reporting to your first duty station. You will get leave for Christmas as well and Thanksgiving. You CANNOT take leave during school periods (except emergency leave for death in family or birth of child). Also note, to take the leave offered, you need to have it on the books, so if you don't have 21 days you can only take what you have on the books.
prop827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 07:23 PM   #10
Benjamin

Benjamin is on a distinguished road

Is leave offered immediatly after Graduation? for example if I was to graduate on Friday would my leave start on Monday or how would that work? There is somethings going on the week after I graduate in my home town and would like to attend.
Benjamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 05:08 PM   #11
prop827

prop827 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin View Post
Is leave offered immediatly after Graduation? for example if I was to graduate on Friday would my leave start on Monday or how would that work? There is somethings going on the week after I graduate in my home town and would like to attend.
Your leave will begin immediately after graduation. Your SLPO will set up your leave chits with you 2 weeks before you graduate. You are charged leave starting on Saturday and running through to the following Tuesday. The Friday of graduation is considered a "full work day" so the time after graduation is technically liberty not leave.

If you want to take leave during T Track or Grad hold outside of immediately after graduation it can also be arranged with your SLPO. Note that if you grad A School in the few weeks following a power school class up, leave periods are staggered to provide enough T Track watch standers, so while normally yes leave is right after grad that's not always the case.