NavyDEP

Go Back   NavyDEP > DEP & Bootcamp > Bootcamp

Family Members join our new Facebook group sponsored by NavyDEP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rtcgreatlakes

Old 10-04-2012, 02:56 PM   #1
aharris

aharris is on a distinguished road
Default Hairstyles for females

I've seen everyone say that as long as your hair is short it's "in uniform" for boot. My question is, I usually have a mohawk or fauxhawk and was wondering if that was appropriate for boot. If not, my hair is too short to do anything besides just shaving it all off (which I'm perfectly fine with.) What would be the most acceptable to the RDC's or should I just try and grow it out before I leave in 2 months?
aharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 03:08 PM   #2
LT Guppy

LT Guppy is a splendid one to beholdLT Guppy is a splendid one to beholdLT Guppy is a splendid one to behold

Mo/fauxhawks would be considered "extreme" hairstyles, so not allowed.
I've heard mixed opinions on what the RDCs think about females with shaved heads.

ACTIVE DUTY SAILORS - Click here to have your account verified
LT Guppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 03:46 PM   #3
aharris

Thank you, I'm not going to cut it before I ship I'm just worried it won't be long enough to do anything with by then.
Old 10-04-2012, 04:20 PM   #4
lherron2012

lherron2012 is on a distinguished road

Your hair doesnt have to be long because then they will cut it back up to the bottom of your ears. The RDC's dont allow females to do anything with their hair until the day of graduation. They want all the females to look as unattractive to the males as possible.
lherron2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 06:41 AM   #5
MC

MC is on a distinguished road

I am literally in the same situation. I've got a Mohawk/pixie thing going on, and I leave in two months. I figure I'll either try and grow it out, or let them cut it. Also, have you tried combing your mohawk to one side? Of you grow the sides out a bit, it looks less extreme. I'm glad and surprised that I'm not alone with this hair situation.
MC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 08:34 PM   #6
warehimer33

warehimer33 is on a distinguished road

I personally like the buzzed/bald look.

"All the waste in a year from a nuclear power plant can be stored under a desk." --Ronald Reagan
warehimer33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 10:29 PM   #7
aharris

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC View Post
I am literally in the same situation. I've got a Mohawk/pixie thing going on, and I leave in two months. I figure I'll either try and grow it out, or let them cut it. Also, have you tried combing your mohawk to one side? Of you grow the sides out a bit, it looks less extreme. I'm glad and surprised that I'm not alone with this hair situation.
Yeah, I leave in two months-ish too (December 4th!) I currently just comb it over when I go out so I don't think I look too "extreme," but I feel weird having it so long right now and was considering getting it shaved back to a 'hawk one last time. If they don't like it, I've had a shaved head before so I guess I shouldn't worry too much haha. When do you leave?
Old 10-14-2012, 05:43 AM   #8
MC

MC is on a distinguished road

See, I've never shaved my head..I've always wanted to though. I think I may just cut it to a short pixie, cause the back of my hawk is starting to look like a mullet. Haha. I'm scheduled to leave December 31st, but that's going to change. There's a girl I know leaving the same day as you, with super short hair too.
MC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 08:28 AM   #9
anlowe7

anlowe7 is on a distinguished road

I shaved my head in June but it's getting so long now!! I was bald when I went to MEPS but I'm going to need hair cut before I leave in Jan because the back already touches my collar! I say shave it and take a prenatal vitamin (yes even if you aren't pregnant!!) and it will grow super fast
anlowe7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boot camp, hair