NavyDEP

Go Back   NavyDEP > Ratings (Jobs) > Cryptologic/Intelligence (Spooks)

Family Members join our new Facebook group sponsored by NavyDEP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rtcgreatlakes

Old 05-23-2014, 02:07 PM   #1
futureSPOOK32

futureSPOOK32 is on a distinguished road
Default Special Forces CT's

My recruiter told me that when I become an E-4 that I can send in a request to do the special forces part of a CT and DEVGRU would send everything I needed to prepare for it when I get E-5. He also said that the training will NOT involve the swimming and diving that the SEALs do but the running and everything else will be the same. I was curious if this is true because it's definitely something I'm interested in. Any help would be awesome, thank you.
Old 05-23-2014, 02:23 PM   #2
Haasino
**Active Duty**

Haasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond repute

I had a CT from one of the SEAL teams in my SERE class... so it's definitely true to some extent.

"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room!"
Haasino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 03:31 PM   #3
jzhaun
**Active Duty**

jzhaun has much to be proud ofjzhaun has much to be proud ofjzhaun has much to be proud ofjzhaun has much to be proud of

I know it's possible, but from what I've heard it also depends on where you're stationed. Out of the regular C-school/permanent duty stations for CTIs, you can only try out for SEAL support at one of them, so you have plan way ahead and get the right language to go there in the first place.
jzhaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 08:41 PM   #4
futureSPOOK32

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzhaun View Post
I know it's possible, but from what I've heard it also depends on where you're stationed. Out of the regular C-school/permanent duty stations for CTIs, you can only try out for SEAL support at one of them, so you have plan way ahead and get the right language to go there in the first place.
Do you know if it's the same for CTR? I know the language isn't a factor then but do you know if the process is the same?
Old 05-24-2014, 11:50 AM   #5
jzhaun
**Active Duty**

jzhaun has much to be proud ofjzhaun has much to be proud ofjzhaun has much to be proud ofjzhaun has much to be proud of

The process is going to be the same, but I can't say whether getting the orders would be as straightforward. CTIs have a high chance of going to the base where our language always goes, so it's pretty easy to predict and plan for. I put in my dream sheet recently, and I didn't get any input on where I was going, just what job I might do once I got there.

As a CTR I'd guess you would have more choices as far as location, but maybe not the specific one you want.

If that's something you want, make it known when you get to A school. Sit down with your LPO and ask what you need to do to get there.
jzhaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 09:38 AM   #6
futureSPOOK32

Okay I understand now, thank you. My recruiter has a friend that's a CTR but he wasn't really sure about he Special Forces side of it but when the time comes I'm sure I'll know what to do.
Old 05-26-2014, 04:28 PM   #7
futureSPOOK32

Found this and it helped me a lot. It's the general requirements and the process to get into the TIO program.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf NSW TIO Screening Message.pdf (36.7 KB, 74 views)